You Want Flames?

Rich, I am starting to wish you would work on your own style and leave the Vintage and remelts alone. I say this because I see many of them causing future problems. Just giving my honest opinion and not speaking for anyone else. The marble did turn out nice

Looks good.Doesnt look old to me.Of course,I took the time to educate myself,a little,about marbles,and take full resposability,for it.

Yep,you gotta find your own pattern,no flames,corckscrews,no patch ribbon,no random swirl,nothing with dots of frit,nothing,in any of the "classic",colors.------Well,I guess that dont leave anything left,so you might as well,just quit!

Dont that sound rediculous?-----PSSSST,,,THATS CAUSE IT IS,,,,,,,,,,,

Just spewing some thoughts. I like the ones with the sparkly new cullet much better. And there are hundreds of marble makers that make marbles not looking in the least like vintage marbles. And hundred of thousands of folks that don't know squat about marbles. It sure would be nice if every marble buyer and seller educated themselves enough to know what they are buying or selling. Its never going to happen and I refuse to throw all the blame on the uneducated buyer. Don't care who anyone else blames. And Rich when I saw how easily your CAC remelts fooled everyone I showed them to at the Seattle show I really started to not like any remelts that resembled the old stuff. I am glad Griff will never be fooled. Thats at least one I don't have to be concerned about.

Rich, do you ever sell your remelts? Unless you etch your initials on it, it will be subject to abuse by unscrupulous people. Even then they can simply polish them out and sell them as vintage to amatuers. That hurts the entire marble collecting industry.

I have to agree with Galen on this one....

Yes, I sell remelts. The majority of the time, I melt together 3 or 4 (sometimes more) together. Jabo doesn't usually make marbles over 1" and usually my remelts are 1 1/4" and much larger so I don't think anyone would confuse them with the originals. I also usually "art" them up with contemporary techniques so the original patterns are lost.

Galen - all I did was to round out that old cullet glass you sent me. Of course they'd look similar to the originals because it was original cullet! If you wanted them "arted" up, I would have done that but you just said for me to make them round for you. That said, those rounded original cullet CAC's I made for you would fool no one if they were placed in a group of old ones as the patterns were not like the machine made marbles. They were close but not the same. Were these people in Seattle that knowledgeable about CAC marbles?

I like them rich, I am gonna get another one from you today that I have been eyeballing :wub: on Etsy....You do make them alot larger than any older ones I have ever seen....I think as long as you keep em big, there should be no problems; well, that's JMO...I can see the concern for newbies if they were 5/8ths or 7/8ths...But they are pretty..., I was thinking about learning to remelt some myself, just cause I got so many pieces and broken ones I can't do anything with, and I don't want to throw them away.

Thanks Jill - I sent you a little something in your package today. I hope you like it!

Usually, the cullet is a lot larger than the original marbles and I don't take the time to take my glass shears and reduce the size anyway.

Maybe I can make those pieces you have back to round OR come over and I can let you do it!

Yes,just about any marble can be used by anyone,in a deceptive situation,either by a photo,or even a story.

Its not the marbles fault.

Yep,I can see an alley,"look",at a quick glance,but marble collecting is about fine details.

My advise to anyone who chooses to collect marbles,and $$$$$$$$$$ is what you consider value,

Have the wisdom,to say,I dont know what it is,if you dont.

Always remember,if it seems too good to be true,it probably is.

If you are willing to take a $chance$ on a guess,accept the consequences,good or bad.

I like a little of that value,in my pocket,but for me,Its a way bigger picture,with all the friends.

Thanks Jill - I sent you a little something in your package today. I hope you like it!

Usually, the cullet is a lot larger than the original marbles and I don't take the time to take my glass shears and reduce the size anyway.

Maybe I can make those pieces you have back to round OR come over and I can let you do it!

Cool, wish I still lived in Cali! Maybe I will mail you some!