Anyone Game To Take Close Ups Of Their Jabo Tributes?

Steph

The most rainbo-y, gradient-y (notice how diplomatically I avoid saying the word blend :D) marbles I've ever seen might be the Jabo Tributes. Love the effect.

Windy did a sweet job with hers here.

http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9085

I bet closer up pix would reveal even more distinct colors. I've gotten lost trying to count the colors on mine.

Dave was trying to get the blush or blend(i said it). Boyce L. was there and impressed with the blush or blending that Dave was able to get from a tank. Boyce may not be a marble making expert,but he is a glass expert. I don't use the expert word often.

I posted this before right here and somehow it's gone. I wonder if it caused a storm and had to be taken down? What I said before was that we used yellow, orange, and red base glass. We also used chemicals added to the batch of glass. the chemicals caused the blush. We got oxblood in there because of adding to the tank of glass. We didn't get much use of the red glass. We had a problem. The glass clogged up in the oriface and wasn't flowing properly. We had to shut down. This was our first run and a lot has been learned since. There is no comparison when looking at those marbles and the ones coming out now as Hillbilly Magic and Indian Summer.

Edna, your post isn't gone, it's at the end of the post above that Stephanie linked to.

Boyce's run was right before this Tribute run. We had five different base glasses, and over fifty side colors.

The first day we went from clear to a white opalescent base, and the next day we transitioned from yellow to orange to red base.

I was the glass mixer and funnel man, but we were going for simplicity, and didn't have so many colors all at once on a marble.

We had some unusual colors, though, like pinks,coral, salmon and purple, all made with gold, and we introduced that awful green mica glass.

And you had one of the best runs ever. I love the glass you guys used. Boyce stayed over for ours and Weldon and I spent a lot of time with him. You guys got a lot more color than we did. And pattern too. Dave told me how much you were up and down the ladder.

Steph emailed me this afternoon and told me I had posted it on her link and it was there. I thought I might have started a war and got deleted. LOL!

I posted this before right here and somehow it's gone. I wonder if it caused a storm and had to be taken down? What I said before was that we used yellow, orange, and red base glass. We also used chemicals added to the batch of glass. the chemicals caused the blush. We got oxblood in there because of adding to the tank of glass. We didn't get much use of the red glass. We had a problem. The glass clogged up in the oriface and wasn't flowing properly. We had to shut down. This was our first run and a lot has been learned since. There is no comparison when looking at those marbles and the ones coming out now as Hillbilly Magic and Indian Summer.

We only had one color of base glass for the Tribute Run. It was Fenton Hobnail white.