Looking Hard For A Couple

i have been searching for the longest time for these two cat's. a friend of mine had this picture in his file and let me borrow it. the top one is a white peltier banana in clear base with six transparent bands, size is 9/16". the bottom is a vitro cage style transparent blue base with white/blue vanes. size is 7/8". my friend seemed to think both were quite rare and extremely HTF. i was wondering if a member could steer me in the right direction. thanks, jack

post-1692-0-62968300-1321492941_thumb.jp

Not long ago I reconditioned the exact mate to that top marble and I had never seen one like it before or since. Good luck in finding one as you are going to need it. Please don't ask the name of the one that had me recondition it as I'm not at liberty to say. Maybe he/she will see this and post something about it. ----Leroy----

i realize that most members aren't into cat's but i wanted to show a marble that was personally i.d. by marlow peterson. it's a one inch cat, three vane with a blue cross thru. he said it's the first one he had ever seen and quite rare in that size. i got it in a lot that i won on ebay for $10.....maybe make good trading material?...jack

post-1692-0-73179500-1321548248_thumb.jp

post-1692-0-62306400-1321548260_thumb.jp

I think alot of people here are interested in cats-eyes,I know I am.Ex-specially anything in colored glass.Here are some better pics.Windex blue would be a good discription of the color.I like the green alot,not vaseline looking at all.Not trading these but you have good pics of what you are looking for.009-5-1.jpg

As some of you old timers know I have been an avid Catseye collector for more years than I like to admit to (years that is.) Seeing these pictures of colored glass "cat's" caused me to start looking at some of mine. One of the first ones to catch my eye is a 1" nine vane three color cat in clear pale green/blue glass.. Than I started looking at the clear glass colored cat's. I do have them in shades of green all the way from pale to emerald-several bright lemon to dark yellow (one is an 8 finger bright yellow glass)-Clear blue glass runs all the way from pale blue to deep dark blue. In the collection are red glass banana's and the list goes on. My son will help me before to long post some pictures.

hi leroy, it sounds like you have a fantastic collection. i have been collecting cat's eyes since 1983 and when the guide to cat's eyes came out i sorta went overboad buying 9 vane, white cross thrus and 4 color cross thrus. it's kinda funny because now, when i sometimes list a few on ebay they want you to give them away lol. it's really great to be able to talk about cat's eye marbles on this site, usually if i do post one i am told to take it over to marble mental. if you get the chance check out my black cross thru on marble and glass chat. nice talking to you leroy.....jack