Hey All! Lot's Of Akro On Ebay To Pay For Some Emergency Expenses!

Hey Guys,

I have some emergency expenses that I need to take care of so I am liquidating a large portion of my Akro and Jabo collection. I will have more up later this evening. I would prefer to sell through the board but if you prefer to use Ebay that is fine with me as it doesn't hurt to add to the feedback totals. I might be willing to budge slightly on some while I feel that other lots are priced more than fairly.

Here is a link to my items for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/runnerman18/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike, sorry your having probs at home, i just have a quick question and i'll leave you alone,, you didnt by chance get that akro box from a seller in maine did you?,,, i am certainly not a box expert but do you think it looks real?,,, trust me i'm not calling you out i'm just trying to learn here, i cant find it in any of my books, Thanks,, bj

Hey guys, thanks for the look and I will certainly answer your questions. I got the box locally, Missouri. Older gentleman was clearing out his home via a living estate sale and sold this too me. Definitely not from Maine! In hand the box is definitely legitimate, I got several bags from the older gentleman so the bag, albeit in great shape, might not be original to the box and one of the others that came with it might be(bags are hard for me to ID). The Snakes came in the sale(not in the box) but he insisted that they were the marbles that were in the box when his brother got it. Memories fade over time and the only other example of this box I have seen had 2 colored corks if I remember correctly.

To sum up, the box is definitely real, and in great condition. The contents might not be completely original but based on the conversation I had with him the snakes may or may not have been originally with the box.

For what it's worth, I have a No. 125 Akro Box that looks exactly like Mike's. There are 2 differences, however. 1 is the color. My box is a light tan color and Mike's looks gray in the pictures. The second difference is my box doesn't have a bag. It contains 8 rows of 6 various types of Akro marbles, including popeyes, lemonades, limeades, cherryades, onyxes and 2 and 3 color corks. I was told these were gift boxes and the contents varied widely ???????. The box I have was purchased in a Danny Turner Auction in the 1990s.

For what it's worth, I have a No. 125 Akro Box that looks exactly like Mike's. There are 2 differences, however. 1 is the color. My box is a light tan color and Mike's looks gray in the pictures. The second difference is my box doesn't have a bag. It contains 8 rows of 6 various types of Akro marbles, including popeyes, lemonades, limeades, cherryades, onyxes and 2 and 3 color corks. I was told these were gift boxes and the contents varied widely ???????. The box I have was purchased in a Danny Turner Auction in the 1990s.

I have also seen a Yellow 125 box. Sounds like there is at least 3 different color variations of the box, all of which are hard to find IMHO. It's just not one that you see too often. Galen, I agree with you that this particular bag is not an Akro bag.