Real Or Repro?

m!b$

well the issue is the part of the image missing the A and that is enough to almost get no bids so I think it did well , the size was correct in fact not many at the 5/8 size . here are two other that have a good image , should be able to see the difference. Mike

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-16-Peltier-Comic-Marble-Emma-Blue-White-Swirl-/220752629646?pt=Marbles&hash=item3365e1cf8e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peltier-Peerless-patch-comic-Marble-Emma-Blue-on-white-/200779741387?pt=Marbles&hash=item2ebf67b8cb

I think these are nice images . Mike

My understanding was that some were only found in the 5/8 size, Tom Mix, Coat's Master Loaf, etc., while others were on 5/8's and larger PPP's. Seems tho that every year proves another theory incorrect. Nothing is carved in marble these days...as far as facts.

i have seen them bigger than 5/8", sold some too.lol but he's a knowledgeable collector. I don't see him selling a repro.

The same "knowlegeable collector" sold 2 German hand mades as left twist, when they were clearly the regular right twist. A basic error like this could lead to unconfident bidding.

LOL, unconfident bidding??? Have you seen the marbles being sold... Have you seen the 100% feedback? Speak for yourself. Just to let you know I am the ebay seller in question, been selling marbles on the bay since 2004, and I just like anyone else make mistakes. However I have never claimed to be an expert, I only have a decade of collecting under my belt, a dozen marble shows, and a lot more to go... Was the comic a repo? NO it wasn't. Did I make up a name on a marble I didn't know what to call it? Yes I did. Is that same marble similar to a marble king bengal, just a little bit. However in my hand it isn't, it is peltier all the way.

I will gladly take back any marble the customer doesn't want. I am not here to screw over anyone.

Kevin.

P.S.

Thanks zaboo, Stan and Sandee Case say hi to you guys.

Yes,unconfident bidding!!! I was simply answering the post that it is possible that the marble in the listing sold for less than some might expect due to inaccuracies in previous listings. I don't think anyone claims to be an expert, but from the large number of German handmades you were buying on Ebay about a decade ago, thought you would know the basics between left and right twist.

and a big howdy right back!

ok, just want to interject a little food for thought here... No one, and I repeat No one knows everything about marbles. even Alan once sold an imperial as a rare master. man did we giggle over that one. :rolleye-842:

ok back to work I go Hi-ho, Hi-Ho.

can't wait to see everyone in Seattle! only a couple of weeks! yahoo!

to 'peaches'... wish ya could make it... maybe next year!