Benningtons With Gold Streak?

zaboo

If this was ever posted before, sorry I missed it. have a few benningtons that came from Germany with what looks like gold leaf streaked on them. anyone know anything more about these?

thanks in advance.

~D

I have one of the gold-bulls-eye chinas like Steph posted, purchased from Alan B, some years ago. I've only seen a few (really, like 2 or 3) for sale since then. One is illustrated in Paul Baumann's book. I assume they're fairly scarce. I don't know if they're rare

I don't know of any other type with gold, except . . . gold on a bennington is ringing a very tiny (and possibly cracked) bell in my brain . . . I seem to remember seeing one, once, also being sold by marblealan. I don't remember the gold having any particular design -- just a smallish splotch, or something like that.

What were found in the digs you're referring to, Clyde?

I like gold . . .

I am referring to the digs in Germany a few years ago when a few showed up. Since then I have a only seen a cuple grace ebay. They would be scarce in IMO.

Then maybe the ones you have came from those digs, Dani (or from others in the same area?). Planning on selling them? Just checking . . .

yes will be for sale. they are out of a consigment I am working on.

thanks all! I could totally go with the 'dig theory', as there are some other really neat benningtons types, that were indeed purchased from someone in Germany. they were still in the original shipping box from Germany..

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of the chinas with gold listed this week. Got some nice and rather unusual stuff from the digs in germany, but not much info past that. found a couple scribbled notes of 'german dug' with some stuff, and not much more. anyone have more info on those digs, please share? thanks!

I have one of the chinas with gold listed this week. Got some nice and rather unusual stuff from the digs in germany, but not much info past that. found a couple scribbled notes of 'german dug' with some stuff, and not much more. anyone have more info on those digs, please share? thanks!

Here's a pic of a benny with a gold streak.

http://murmelwelt.de/bennington2.html

They could have come from Eichornshutte in Steinach, which made ceramic as well as glass marbles.