Anyone Able To Identify These Marbles?

Jmike8886

Just a wild guess but the ones in the bag are probably "Stuks Agate" per the label :music-rocker-001:

Manufacturas de Vidrio el Aguila, S.A. = Vancor de Mexico

According to Marblealan's reconstructed guide they have space type names. Like the black with yellow one is called "Jupiter". The black with white and a little blue is called "galaxy".

I thought that but when I searched online I could not find anything in reference to Stuks Agate so I thought I was missing something.

Steph: Once you mentioned it and I inspected it further I think you are correct that it could be a polished stone but it has so many bands of color I assumed it was a glass marble.

. . . If not that I suspect Jody Fine.

Gotta agree -- Maslach's ribbons are far thinner than the ones shown here, which mostly look like Jody Fine to me, too. In the 3rd picture, the 2 smaller ones on the second row don't look like Fine, though -- I have 3 or 4 similar ones with very fine threads and core elements, also unsigned; they don't look "Fine-ish" in hand, at all. But their maker -- whoever that is -- is very skillful.

I thought that but when I searched online I could not find anything in reference to Stuks Agate so I thought I was missing something.

The "stuks agate" part but most especially the "knikkers" part makes me think they were made for sale in some other country, like maybe the Netherlands.

• I know the work of Robert L. Hamon. Does the sig look like that? I have over a hundred of his marbles, but none that look like that one. He has two nephews who did made similar marbles. That one looks blue and yellow in a clear base? Correct one I'm looking at? They are big football fans in West Virginia and they call their marbles in that color and design, "Mountaineers". One is John Hamon Miller and the other is Boyd Alan Miller. John mostly signs "JHM" and Boyd signed "BAM". There are several signatures of Robert L. as they changed over the years. Somes "Robert L. Hamon", sometimes "R. Hamon", sometimes just "Hamon".

the marble in my avatar is a Robert L. Hamon.

What is the size of it? Bob sold them by size. The three inch ones were $68. The one inch were $22-25. No telling what it's worth now. Probably depends on who is bidding. It's pretty. I have some of his red, white, and blue marbles purchased from him. That was probably made at the same time. His brother Dick Hamon would pick the marbles to be sold to the collector's club and the ones not picked weren't made again . Do you have any idea what you want for it?

What is the size of it? Bob sold them by size. The three inch ones were $68. The one inch were $22-25. No telling what it's worth now. Probably depends on who is bidding. It's pretty. I have some of his red, white, and blue marbles purchased from him. That was probably made at the same time. His brother Dick Hamon would pick the marbles to be sold to the collector's club and the ones not picked weren't made again . Do you have any idea what you want for it?

This one is a 3 inch and I would let it go for $80 shipped it looks like most of his 3 inch ones are going around $100 + shipping.

Neat bag - one that was probably made in Mexico for overseas distribution as mentioned. I have a couple bags that i kept under the El Aquila name. Here's two where the "stuks" name is spelled differently. I think the stuks is the correct spelling as it translated to pCs or, in my guess, pieces - like we see in other marble bag packaging.

post-60-0-98613600-1359852279_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-24458400-1359852435_thumb.jpg