Unusual Ebay Listing

I don't know how I got cross outs in the above message. Can't seem to change it. I didn't mean to cross out my question. I think anybody who invests that kind of money needs to know who is in it and who is making the marbles.

I missed it too or it wasn't there when the listing was first posed. My questions were who is the marble maker? That wasn't there. Who is running the machines? That wasn't there. Who are the investors so far? That isn't there. I only knew the name Dare because I know Darren Hawkins ebay name.

Anyone spending that kind of money for anything on ebay should be contacting the seller with all kinds of questions. In this auction you have noted some excellent questions that should be asked of the seller. It is quite possible some folks do not want their names and information posted in an ebay add. That why they have the contact seller button

Unknowing only if they did not contact the seller, which is what this add intimates should be done. How else would one find out the particulars. I think the add did plenty to bring attention to the run. And your posting provided much unsolicited free advertisement." Winning" (LOL)

QUOTE FROM ADD "I will gladly answer any questions you may have just message by Ebay

IMHO Sellers and buyers both should be held accountable for their merchandise descriptions and purchases.....but ultimately, eBay buyers have the responsibility to do their own research before making pricey purchases.........I don't know too many "unknowing" eBay buyers ready to spend that kind of loot blindly..........But if they do, its totally on them

On this type of auction they are only auctioning off marbles during that time period. Even asking all these questions doesnt guarantee success. Whether its from Jabo or Sammy Hogue they could all turn out dark during your hour. Myself I like more of a sure thing.

Truth be known sissydear, you hope Jabo is a failure and that is the only reason you post only negative about the Company.

You use the term investor, which is wrong the seller appears to only be selling a share of a two hour run. They are not looking for investors as I read the auction. If you actually read the auction ( instead of just posting and hoping for a bunch of info that would be proprietary (( of or relating to the ownership of the company)) you would see it states "I will gladly answer any questions you may have just message by Ebay"

Here is an old quote that is quite appropriate; It is amusing how the board has turned into an advertising platform for the new Sammy marbles and a slamfest against the old hero Jabo. What happened to the old give them all the support you can as they are one of the last American marble companies???????????????? No more free marbles

I think it is great others are getting to participate in the making of marbles not just a select few of as you call them " investors". As I read the auction the general public is getting a opportunity to actually be a part of marble making history. For a purchase price they can participate from the beginning to the end of the run they buy. It appears they own all of the marbles that are made to do with as they please ie name them, sell them, keep them, give them to scouting organizations, give them to kids marble clubs and etc ad infinitum.
How many times in ones life time do they get this type of experience.
I think that is what this auction is selling and not the type of just a select few always doing a marble run.
If the hobby is going to endure and companies prosper here in America I ask; What is wrong with getting the public involved?
You talk about your grandson being at a run, what is wrong with other families having that opportunity? NOTHING
The children are the future of this country.

I wish JABO well. I don't know who you are macdog, but you seem to know me. I have seen what has come out of JABO since David McCullough was fired and I would not want any of it. You are correct that I have no loyalty to JABO under the present situation. They have had no marble maker since David was fired. No one has been successful for an entire run More junk than pretty marbles. I hope they can find a marble maker and investors that listen to the marble maker and machine operators that know what they are doing. I have also heard that their machine operator who does know what he is doing is leaving. Don't know if that has happened yet. They need some experience there and I don't mean investors that thought they knew. Unless I knew they had competent operators and a glass and machine knowledgeable marble maker I would not be a part of this. Two marble makers have been fired. People in it only for the money have hogged the good marbles that have been made. Investors have been unhappy and left. What more could I say? I would love for JABO to succeed and many children to take part. The truth is that has not happened, YET. Maybe it will.

Gonna have to agree with the Marbdog on this one. Edna you are just way too transparent. You say you wish

Jabo well but you call all the runs since Dave left, crap. I doubt very much you have seen hardly anywhere near all the the types and styles of all the runs since Dave was kicked out. The only reason you brought this auction to the board was to take a slam at the sellers. So just keep praising and posting the Sammy marbles and slamming the ones from Jabo, we get it. I will just keep not liking any of them(LOL)

"More junk than pretty marbles"

So Edna, you think my run was JUNK - thanks!

This makes me feel real good knowing your true feelings about the 8 months of study and research I did. At the Ft. Worth show would have been a good time to tell me your feelings in person rather than sharing here that my work is junk.

If you didn't like the organic look that was obtained from using ONLY 2 COLOR CANES where up to 15 different colors were on some of the marbles rather then using 5 or 6 canes like others used and they only obtained marbles with 5 or 6 colors that's ok with me but these marbles I made were certainly NOT junk!!!!!

Maybe it's because you don't understand the science and have no appreciation of what was accomplished.

Oh well, seems you think everybody MUST like one kind of marble and anything anyone else tries is ugly!

To each their own Edna - Marble On!!!

I did not bring this post to the board. Look who posted it. Not me. I have seen more marbles than you think Galen. I have watched marbles for sale on ebay. I have seen some pretty ones, but only a few people got some of those. I have listened to investors who got junk. I've seen what they got. I know people who won't invest there again. I truly want JABO to succeed, but they don't seem headed that way. The owner needs help.

I forgot this part. Rich, I did not name any names. I made no comment about you. I appreciate the hard work you did over 8 months, but I didn't see any of those marbles except what you brought to our show. Does that mean it was a very limited run? Any investors in that one? If there were I don't know about them. We're not talking about experimental, learning runs. We're talking here about people risking money for marbles they can sell and recoup their money. Most folks are not like me. I don't sell mine. Most folks expect to make some money selling what they invested in making.

I just saw mibs comment. Apparently you missed that.

Mibs I thought it was unusual too. And I'm drawing all this criticism because I dared to question?