Venetian Beads ... Age?

So If anyone can clue me in to the age of these it would be great, the glass appears old, Im not a millifiori person, there is debris in the glass, one has a cobalt base, they are both 1 3/8th to colorful to pass up, Ive had them for a few years, the holes have a black residue in them,since I am unaware of how to do multipul downloads, I guess I'll have to do a few posts with different angles, DB.

post-3519-0-85943600-1377227655_thumb.jp

Ive seen some of the modern chinese beads as well, the glass is much better,and more refined, with no debris and very clean, and of coarse the modern Millifiori marbles, you see those all the time, most often single color canes used in the 1in and under sizes, Maybe someone has a new modern multicolor Chinese marble as a comparison, Im not a Bead person, however just about any Colorful Sphere will grab my attention, and when there are no marbles to be found, you grab colorful round things, Dave B.

post-3519-0-72133000-1377276856_thumb.jp

I just talked to a good friend that is also part of the bead forum I belong to. They said without a doubt these are modern Chinese and that strands were available at last years Tucson show for less than $5.00 a strand.

Hope this helps you ........... All my best ....... Danny

Perhaps my friend meant less than 5.00 each, in reality he said 2 to 3 dollars so I would guess he did in fact mean each. I have attached an image of three strands of beads I purchased at Tucson some years ago when the Chinese were first starting to market this type bead. I can't remember what I paid for them but it was very little per strand, little enough that I made some of the into drawer pulls for the benches in my new shop.

All my best .......... Danny

post-3509-0-16382800-1377285488_thumb.jp

post-3509-0-36042200-1377285493_thumb.jp

Thank you for the information Danny,It is greatly appreciated, I'm thinking here that there is a massive size differential in the strand beads and the ones I'm showing, also the uniform style of the strand beads indicates they are modern made to look like vintage venitian beads, which the new ones are common and I've seen them around here on numerous occasions, more or less someone would have to see these in hand to make a verified assesment of their age, the smaller beads are all over the place, (strand Types ) at 1 3/8th inches these are the only ones Ive ever seen, that even appear to have some age in this size, If anyone here is going to the first Annual Des Moines Iowa Marble show, I will take them there for some chat and inspection, Other than that thanks for your information, Dave B.

I'm going to put this forth, thank you for the nice beads comment, To all of those who see these that I have posted and say they are 5.00 each or less, find me a pair the same size I have shown, with a pair of calipers on them, look at the photo of the Calipers I'm not talking about 1/2 or 3/8ths beads 1 3/8th inches show me a photo of some anyone here ownes, and verify the size,with calipers in your photo, the must be multi color Millifiori Cobalt blue or Emerald green base, and this 1 1/16th Brick Lutz Flame I made is yours for free,I betcha Can't Do It, Lets Go with 24hrs, and the clock starts now!! Dave B.

post-3519-0-94751900-1377293723_thumb.jp

I am just trying to help you out on this. The red beads in the image I posted are 1 1/4 inch. As I said these beads were purchased about seven years ago. I have been doing business in China since 1987 and many times I have seen them selling things at what had to be a loss, this said they are trying to keep nearly 1 billion people busy doing something even if they loose money so again I think these beads are current Chinese production and are far nicer than anything I have seen in the past.

My main reason for saying this is the canes used in them, they do not look like Venetian canes they look like Chinese canes. I am attaching images of Chinese canes and also in my hand Venetian canes.

Again I hope this helps

All my best ............ Danny

P.S. I will go to the bead forum and beg for an image fo this type bead in someones hand as I'd love to have the marble!!!

post-3509-0-96250800-1377298273_thumb.jp

post-3509-0-73065000-1377298285_thumb.jp

Great photo's and thank you for the information reguarding the Chinese beads, and if you can get the photos on a caliper to verfy the size the marble is your's, or anyones who can come up with the photo, you can see what I'm saying about the unifomity of your beads, all perfectly arranged on their interiors, my Large ones are far from perfect, really kind of scattered, but I'll take your opinion because I have not seen any locally before,in the Large size That is, there are a few Antique shows a year across the street at the Fairgrounds, I see the type of strands your holding in your hand there all the time, and at local flea markets they are common and cheap, Im only referring to the Large ones, Thanks again for the great information, Perhaps I'll post some interesting marbles, More my Bag anyway, Dave B.

well I have been stuck on the couch the last three days as I was taking a picture of a gear I listed on the bay and fell on it but who needs to wash a wound well I should have got a blood infection and now on the couch till Monday , Jan is out side so I sneak on the web so here are more pics of so beads and ?? Mike

post-94-0-26735100-1377303831_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-20097000-1377303832_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-11399300-1377303833_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-86599300-1377303833_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-84941000-1377303834_thumb.jpg

I have lots of marbles that size. Got them at Tucson Best Bead Festival 4 years ago, bought some 5 years ago too. They are about inch and a quarter. They cost $.50 each. I've seen marble people sell them for $10.00 each. I'm certain your beads are new. didn't want to say that by myself, but since others have come forth, I'll stop mealy mouthing around. Sorry, they are new like I hinted before.