Torched???

lstmmrbls

I was looking at that too Galen. I'd say reworked. My clues are the black wispy lines, small bubbles and free flowing overall design.

EDIT....

I went and looked at all the stuff the seller has bought in the last 90 days..... and I kept going back to this auction.

Same colors.... Same lutz strip... Same use of words....

I'm not saying that this was done... but just wonder if it couldn't have been???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JABO-RENO-GOLD-RUSH-2-3-13-Approx-43-64-Mint-Lutz-Chain-/281134778990?nma=true&si=oNxNZ7TkG0NCYJdFE%252FbY4HrOt60%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Galen, My reply to your question was somewhat brutish and off point so I'll attempt to be more direct. To me that marble at one time was a common red, white and blue Popeye that was sprinkled with some pulverized lutz particles attached to a couple of thin clear glass rods and torched and twisted to it's present form. In all probability it started out as a 5/8ths. mib and the addition of the clear glass rod (rods) pumped it up to it's present size. The addition of the clear glass thinned out the original colors and gave it a washed out effect. Probably done by one of those strip mall glass blowers that make blown glass figurines. In his description a flat spot (spots) is mentioned and that could have been caused when the rods were detached and snapped off. The lutz particles could also have come from a decorative glass stir stick containing lutz. Just my assumption, only thing for sure is it's a torched sphere. Ronnie

I was looking at that too Galen. I'd say reworked. My clues are the black wispy lines, small bubbles and free flowing overall design.

EDIT....

I went and looked at all the stuff the seller has bought in the last 90 days..... and I kept going back to this auction.

Same colors.... Same lutz strip... Same use of words....

I'm not saying that this was done... but just wonder if it couldn't have been???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JABO-RENO-GOLD-RUSH-2-3-13-Approx-43-64-Mint-Lutz-Chain-/281134778990?nma=true&si=oNxNZ7TkG0NCYJdFE%252FbY4HrOt60%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

William Marbles, Think your right on, I thought it may have been a Popeye but after seeing the Reno Jabo I thing one of these was used for the torch job. Ronnie

Where does it say torched anywhere in this description Ronnie?

I am not sure of the value so I will let this auction be valued by the public. This marble is quite rare and highly sought after. The inside work is highly skillful and has astonishing flow. This marble has 7 colors and isnt easily identified at first look. The colors include: Royal Blue, Red, Pearl White, Gold Lutz, Purple, Brown and Turquoise. The marble also has a streak of orange in it but I think it may be from the torch. The marble has a few seeding bubbles inside also; quite pretty. This marble is unlike any Transitional Ive ever seen, although that is the beauty of them.....they are all so unique. Normal patriots have Red, White and Blue but this has so many more so we classify it a hybrid considering the prevalent colors coincide. The lutz is hard to see in the pictures because of the lighting but this marble has a generous amount of lutz swirling from one pole to the next. This marble has one Pontil, which looks to be Hand Ground. The grounding on the marble is quite excessive and leaves a small flat spot. This marble has an original smooth surface witih one micro fleabite not noticeable with naked eye and it would be graded higher if the pontil wasnt so shaved down. Still displays with the best of them. Chances are this marble would be an excellent addition to your front line display case. We will entertain any offer, dont be shy.

The listing is severely plagiarized.

If the marble is .9 inches would that rule out it being a torched Jabo?

Did Vacor Atmospheres ever have lutz?

New or old there is so much wrong with this auction it's hard to begin to comment on it.

The seller is a strange unfair person. I sold him some marbles. He send an email that they were not as described, and he wanted partial refund. I described the damage on the marbles during my aucton with good photos. and wrote that they were good for polishing. He wrote me that the damage was very deep,into the core of the marbles and not suitable for polishing. A few weeks later I see the marbles I sold him in a larger lot that he is selling. Showing the best sides, and not telling how the condition of those marbles are. How hippicrit can one be. I blocked him as a buyer.

Funny thing, a few weeks later I see the marble with the "damage to into the core" for sale as a nice polished marble.

Jeroen

Where does it say torched anywhere in this description Ronnie?

I am not sure of the value so I will let this auction be valued by the public. This marble is quite rare and highly sought after. The inside work is highly skillful and has astonishing flow. This marble has 7 colors and isnt easily identified at first look. The colors include: Royal Blue, Red, Pearl White, Gold Lutz, Purple, Brown and Turquoise. The marble also has a streak of orange in it but I think it may be from the torch. The marble has a few seeding bubbles inside also; quite pretty. This marble is unlike any Transitional Ive ever seen, although that is the beauty of them.....they are all so unique. Normal patriots have Red, White and Blue but this has so many more so we classify it a hybrid considering the prevalent colors coincide. The lutz is hard to see in the pictures because of the lighting but this marble has a generous amount of lutz swirling from one pole to the next. This marble has one Pontil, which looks to be Hand Ground. The grounding on the marble is quite excessive and leaves a small flat spot. This marble has an original smooth surface witih one micro fleabite not noticeable with naked eye and it would be graded higher if the pontil wasnt so shaved down. Still displays with the best of them. Chances are this marble would be an excellent addition to your front line display case. We will entertain any offer, dont be shy.

I read something about a torch somewhere in the description. Ronnie

Play4fun is someone who, I THINK, Dave Becker has to compete with as I think he told me they are a few miles south of him. AGAIN I THINK he told me they Prey on people who do not know anything.

Per the snagging someones layout...that really has never bothered me. I buy a lot from cain and sometimes his looks like Dani's. I buy the marble, not the seller. I have people stealing my feedback template all the time anyway,so I am flattered ;)

Now GREMLIN...that scares me :P I purchased marbles from him

Should I be concerned that I am paying too much for unmentioned polished marbles or no ? I do not mind polished, but I do not want to pay a premium for them since i do not have to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Marbles-AKRO-AGATE-CORKSCREWS-LOT-OF10-/261279630535

he does not have very detailed images, they are all 640x480 so no zooming in and DLing and zooming blows them apart at 110% and on.

I usually trust EVERYONE until I get handled :)

BTW!
CLYDE!

NANNY....NANNY...BOO BOO !

4wegrsdv.jpg