Re-Shot My Little Lutz 1/2Inch

jeeperman

Here is another of my favorite handmades, this one I found in a your pick 25 cent bowl at the checkout counter of a second hand store just a couple years ago. I need to re-shoot it. Mica with oxblood. I would love to have both these in a larger size but I like to eat so I will be happy with what comes my way as these did. =} From what I can tell with my limited handmade knowledge, this is a fairly HTF marble. Maybe some of you good folks can fill me in on just how HTF it really is. It is approx. 5/8.

i-RqdSVCn-X2.jpg

Here is another of my favorite handmades, this one I found in a your pick 25 cent bowl at the checkout counter of a second hand store just a couple years ago. I need to re-shoot it. Mica with oxblood. I would love to have both these in a larger size but I like to eat so I will be happy with what comes my way as these did. =} From what I can tell with my limited handmade knowledge, this is a fairly HTF marble. Maybe some of you good folks can fill me in on just how HTF it really is. It is approx. 5/8.

i-RqdSVCn-X2.jpg

I have only been buying hand made Germans for about two years but have read plenty and seen well in excess of 1000. This marble in my opinion is extremely rare for three reasons, the blue color base, the one color band (usually three or four) and last the mica. I think if this were put on Ebay and the right collectors saw it you would be amazed at the price it went to.

All my best ......... Danny

Both nice mibs. And acquired the way we all dream of finding them. Just doesn't seem to happen that way as much as it used to. The blue mica with "oxblood" outer band is unusual and not as common as a blue mica. The oxblood on yours is very nice and wide which is better than the usual thin strands that are more common. I would think that in mint condition it might approach $100 as lesser examples I have seen in the 50-75 range which is what I paid for a 13/16" example. I don't think I have ever seen one much bigger than the one i have in the 20 or so years I have been searching for big handmades so if you happen upon either of those two marbles over an inch I have a spot in the collection for them. Bill

Yes the "oxblood" typically is subsurface on these. Usually not as wide a band as yours which is a plus for yours. We call it oxblood but in the blue casing glass it may not be truly oxblood but a red that appears darker in the blue glass. I'm not saying that the color isn't oxblood but blue glass over other colors changes what we perceive the color to be. Still great example of a hard to find marble.

Bill