Alley Animals

I don't know of any frog. There are different squirrels. Not all are Alley. Does one of yours have a larger tail or a larger nut in the front feet. That one is not Alley. A list would be difficult because some have very slight differences. Check the Scottie dogs. One has more flat top ears and one has more pointed ears. Check the collars one has more noticable studs than the other. Most all of the known to date Alley animals are in the new Alley book. There is some questions yet about the frosted animals. Smith glass may have gotten the Alley molds or copied close the Alley animals. Plus Alley may have had more than one mold for the same animal. Plus molds wear with use. The research continues and i cannot put much in print until i am positive.

• 2 weeks later...

The Squirrel with the small nut is the only Alley. I have learned more about the differences between Alley and Smith since I wrote the Alley Book.

See the attached 2 pages for my most recent analysis of differences between Alley and L. E. Smith figures.Differences Between Alley Agate and Smith Figures XLT page1.pdf

Great info agreed! Thank you, I am surprised Alley only made 6 animals, I had the rooster, the swan and the pecking bird but sold them long ago, the rooster was blue and white the pecking bird was clear as was the swan.

Of the 5 I pictured only the squirrel is Alley.

Thanks again!

• 4 years later...

I now recoronize a total of 11 Alley Animals. See Alley Agate Collector on Facebook. (www.facebook.com/Alley.Agate)   posts starting in Oct 2015 on to Apr 2016. Much has chnged since the 2014 posts above. Sorry about not updating my finds on this page since my previous posts.  Pictured here is page 98 from my Photo Book 5. Page 99 is in next post.

BOOK 5 pg-98LO.jpg