Contemporary Handmade

Looks as if it was made yesterday,has no pontils,it is smooth all the way and it's not lively.

Found it here among new marbles,Vacor's etc,so i can't imagine that it's American made.

I've looked on the net for German contemporary's but found nothing that looked like this marble,it's a bit of a pussle for me,any ideas?

raryMedium_zps35dc6de3.jpg

I quess nobody knows who makes these day's latticinio's.

I googled a bit and saw that several American craftman have made contemporary latticinio's.

it remains strange that i found it here between new marbles,well strange things happen.

Normally I would have suggested Steven Maslach (he doesn't make marbles anymore but many are still in circulation) since he made many fine latticinios, many with unmatched / not symmetrical ribbons, and did not sign his work. But for some reason this latticinio core doesn't look as fine or as sharply twisted at the poles as his usually are.

But it could have been a slightly off day. It wouldn't surprise me much to find one in Europe . . .

Sue Cooper says to send everyone her love and has this to add:

My very first instinct says vintage. If so, definitely polished The only way I would change that feeling, would be to have it in hand. Im not familiar with anyone doing that style Course, that doesnt mean much anymore!!! SO many people doing stuff!!

But, the color of the clear looks old and the surface looks polished. For a contemporary artist, theres no excuse for the glass not being a BRIGHT crystal clear and the surface being wet minty shiny.

Its not a typical swirl pattern. But, I certainly wouldnt call it rare, either I havent done extensive studying as some of our modern-day experts seem to have!! LOL But, my feeling on the pattern would be Either a later date, when detail and precision wasnt as tight. Or, running towards the end of the cane, when some of the other parts of the pattern may have run out. Maybe, both The second choice being a result of the first.

I would be very surprised to find that its contemporary Unless, theres someone seriously channeling the vintage for fun, not money. White Latticinio just wouldnt be the right choice for that!!

He used a lot of colors and color combinations, from very bright to pastel, and opaque to transparent.

His were the first comtemporary marbles that caught my eye, back when. I probably have more of his than anyone else's. Well. I have a bunch of Kevin Nail's too. I'd have more Alloways if he made smaller ones more often than he does. So it's a good thing he doesn't.

Or, yes, Jody Fine. His laticinio threads were usually fatter, and his ribbons not quite as razor-thin as Maslach's . . . so a possibility.

But not old.

That could be illustrating Sue's point about the white latticinio threads. Or maybe whoever was presenting those marbles was just presenting his more interesting looking ones.

Did Maslach do plain white?

Edit: Nevermind. I looked a little further into the link Stefan posted and see some white latticinios from Maslach.

Thanks for your thoughts,

I've thought of an old polished handmade,but what ever it is,new or old it remains strange to find it in a $2 container with new marbles.

Here's a better pic- of the surface,actually it's christal clear,i don't know what happen to the first pictures.

I found the name of David Salazar,he has made Latticinio's aswell.

DSC07144Medium_zps6a4fe790.jpg

After I shared the size, Sue said she was sticking with her gut.

The place were I posted it was the Glass Addiction facebook page. So far the consensus over there is that it looks older. Which interests me because that group specializes in modern marbles so basically they're saying it doesn't quite look like it belongs with what they make and collect.