Cobalt Cats Eye ?

I will get pics up later if needed.

I have never seen 1 before. It looked like a solid colored game marble. I held it up to the light to see if it had patterns, etc and saw a large blob. As I kept rotating it I realized it was a cats eye :) No, it is not the veins making it look blue. It looks like a game marble until you hold it up to back lighting

dunno.gif

I have a marble which looks cobalt but has a lot of color inside which only shows up when backlit with a strong light. I've assumed it was Master. No idea why they wasted so much color inside such a dark marble.

New one on me, too.

Is that kind of a flat spot in pics 3 and 5?

Keeping it?

I am NOT a cats eye fan :)

I am a MK and Akro fan

It seems to be part of a cold roll. There are 2. 1 is VERY crafty and hard to see, the camera caught it,but in hand I have to level the plane,with direct light and look from the side to see it.

I tell ya, I have had thousands upon thousands of cats and never seen one this color and would love to know who made it to be honest.

It is blatant 4 vein so I am ruling out master although the cobalt would match a master :P

So I dunno

I have other oddities that came with this. Another Cobalt marble that has a Hand gathered 9 on top and nearly NO other glass inside of it...and has a transition line, so it has me perplexed as well. meaning to show it to galen and get his input but so much to doi with the kids and little going on with marbles of late

It is blatant 4 vein so I am ruling out master although the cobalt would match a master :P

I keep staring at those 4 vanes. They seem "sturdy" and make a pretty clean X. If I forget about everything else -- above all, the blue -- the only thing that quickly comes to mind is MK, St. Mary's period. Those nice clean-vaned 4-color cats and the others of that time period. But that's not even a suggestion -- just the one thing that comes to mind. Sheer speculation.

There are two of them? Lemme know when you get ready to let them go. I'd like to have one . . . now that I've once again begun actively looking for color-based cats. Dang that thread.

I have one and believe it to be MK.

Jeroen, cat eyes are common with a clear or slightly tinted green base. If they have a different colored base than the usual clear, such as red or blue, then it gets to be uncommon. Just like a handmade on a colored base can be uncommon.