First U.k Buy

orbboy

For some of the same reasons I doubt them being antique (colors being one, especially the second and third one)...

I agree it's unusual to see all those colors at once on a SINGLE vintage marble from this category, but I'm pretty sure they are from the same palette you'd see in most of them to some degree Ie: eggyolk/ox/clear, blue/ox/white, aqua/ox, clear/ox/white, etc. seem to be par for the course It just looks odd because these have a combination of multiple colors all together that you wouldn't expect in a single marble.

I agree it's unusual to see all those colors at once on a SINGLE vintage marble from this category, but I'm pretty sure they are from the same palette you'd see in most of them to some degree Ie: eggyolk/ox/clear, blue/ox/white, aqua/ox, clear/ox/white, etc. seem to be par for the course It just looks odd because these have a combination of multiple colors all together that you wouldn't expect in a single marble.

I might go along with you, mainly because of the ox, but that yellow in the second marble isn't really eggyolk, as I know it, anyway. It looks like a bright cadmium. And the blue just looks too bright. Like cobalt (the color cobalt, not the substance). Not really the blue of the oldsters. None I have seen, anyway. I'm also struggling with the wavering action of some of the glass . . .

But yes, the other marbles are really nice!

• 1 month later...

All my early Germans turn a yellow green under a black light in the clear glass area, even the early Grenier types. Can anyone else confirm this with there early German marbles that have clear glass? I was wondering if these marbles that have clear glass turn a yellow-green under a black light? Thanks Greg