Scenes From Sistersville

aleecee

Hi All, Hubby and I spent 3 lovely days at the Sistersville show. The weather was fabulous, marbles were abundant and as usual, marble folks are the best! Saw many familiar faces and made many new marble friends as well (even a furry one) Had a great time. This show is so unusual as it is 100% outdoors and free to vendors. Put it on your bucket-list for sure. Enjoy!

post-3563-0-12376000-1412124534_thumb.jp

still oil and gas boom mike...there is a new hotel goin in new Martinsville...comfort suites ......and a couple in Marietta....

ya know steve ... i still heard not so good things about wells this year also ... :( ...... bill

Bill, you are correct about that. If there were any place closer where I could park my car and not have to move it until I leave, I would consider staying in a new place. I don't like driving their roads at night and I don't like hunting a parking place. My bathtub was covered in mildew, room baseboards in disrepair. The people are very friendly and that makes up for some of it.

we stayed 15 min away in New Martinsville at a B&B. There are several motels in that area, but the Trip Advisor reviews will make you head for a tent in the woods as a better option! The one place that gets pretty good reviews is ALWAYS FULL. No matter when I called (some of these places do no do online reservations). There is also a speedboat regatta in New Martinsville the same weekend so that eats up some of the rooms. We "looked" at the Wells last year, and did not even find the lobby clean enough to want to stay there. We spoke with folks this year who stayed there, and they did not have sig complaints overall. Last year we were in Sardis Ohio at a B&B across the river; pretty close overall, but still involves driving and a ferry ride! I am guessing the new hotel in New Martinsville will be a saving grace...unless all the oil workers eat up all the rooms. That does not help your situation Sissy!