Hand Gathered What?

Actually Ric I do not believe so. I think there are as many Prima Agate boxes out there (I even have one) as there are American Agate boxes. And probably many more Prima marbles. I just believe most folks not knowing what they were believe(ed) them to be American Agates. I did so when I got the Prima Box and wondered why American Agates were in it(I bought it believing it contained AAs.

I believe the AAs have a more opaque base and brownish red swirling. The Primas are more translucent and the ribbons more red-pink?. This is exactly the opposite of what I originally believed. But now having half a dozen of the later 2 seam types i can except that I had things backwards. I believe most of the books are also describing Primas when the author is talking about American Agates as they were basically undescribed for quite some time. I have also seen 2 boxes of American Agates that contained 2 seam marbles.

Here you go. And I still want to believe the ones on the right are the CACs, but they are not, I am sure I can not ID all of them correctly. Like the top left on th e left group and bottom right on the right have traits that fit both types.

post-87-0-79650900-1413260896_thumb.jpg

Sweet, Thanks for the great pic - just what I was hoping for. I can see how outliers of either type might be a tough call.

The colors on the Primas are really close to some Alleys but the Primas are all HG aren't they - no real swirls or seams?