A Wow Weekend

aleecee

Happy to say that I ran into Mibstified at a local auction...we worked for it, but cleaned up BIG time! Spent all day (literally-from arrival at 7:30 am, 2 1/2 hrs of examining what was there, conferring, agreeing to "share", auction ended at about 2:30, we then hit the local diner to divide up the spoils...whew!), think Bill hit the road around 4 or so. Just a taste of what I got (Bill got more!). Will keep em comin' as I go...FYI-Bill is a heck of a great guy-blessed to have spent the day with him!

post-3563-0-56137900-1421704706_thumb.jp

post-3563-0-67765100-1421704723_thumb.jp

post-3563-0-95133100-1421704731_thumb.jp

Yes, super time with Alyce and her hubby Mark!! Typical auction, you get there early and wait all day for a few marble lots to go off. This one was all-day intense as marble lots were going off inbetween other lots throughout the day. It was an unexpected pleasure to spend the day talking mibs and tag teaming with Alyce and Mark. Crazy work scehdul this week so I have to wait until the weekend to dig into sortiing my new stash. I do have a few pics.......a few of my mib loot and a pic of one of the three mib tables t the auction.

post-119-0-98262700-1421724129_thumb.jpg

post-119-0-92876100-1421724144_thumb.jpg

We try to go to auctions hunting for marbles (tools for the hubby) every weekend; of course pending what's out there. We get pretty lucky overall, but this auction was truly amazing. I have much more to go through and to photograph and share. I am "geographically" blessed in that there are tons of auctions w/i 1-2 hrs of where we live. No marble hunting this weekend...nothing out there and I am still loaded from last weekend!

For the record, I don't see a whiff of unethicalness in meeting up with a friend to make sure you get to as many auctions as possible.

Wonderful that you guys could hang out and have marble fun.

If anyone wants to add thoughts on this, I'll break this discussion off into a thread about auction philosophies. For now, let's enjoy the marbles.

When I go to an auciton, it is hubby and I-that's our day out together. I have run into fellow mibbers on occasion. These are folks that are considered friends in the hobby. If we can "share" something we are both interested in and be happy-that's the way to go. It does not always work that way-in that case we have left it at-bid what you think it's worth "to you", with no ill feelings afterward; at least on my part. If someone id's something I missed-I would never go after it-just not the right thing to so. A relationship is worth more to me than a marble. I am fortunate that this is my hobby and joy; not my livelihood. I have "shared" with 2 forum members (Griff and Bill) and it all seemed to work out well (unless they are throwing darts at my picture as we speak!). As far as how ethical a practice this is...I don't know. If a consignor is worried that "sharing" will bring down his commission, sell on line perhaps. An on site auction fosters conversation and friendships-lots of folks we run into (non marble people) over and over go for mainly this reason! At the end of the day-you have to live with yourself and your Maker...