I Decided To Build My Self A Marble Display Cabinet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, what size range have you seen for that type....I think they or bird cages are my favorite? If you only had time to grab one and run what would it be and why? How long have you been collecting and did you get most of these at one time? An amazing collection........case is great also!

Hi mon and thanks for asking about the lightening strikes.

They are 1-5/8" and in mint condition.

Here is a better picture.

Randy

I used to own both of these Lightning strikes. I bought them many years ago from a German dealer for only 100 euro :) I traded them with 2 different collectors. Good to see them back together!

Randy,

Great construction ideas and ability. I'm sure you guys had a fun time building and then filling! Only one suggestion, maybe put a Mirror the height of the cabinet inside one of them, it would open the space and let more light onto your beauties. Or......if you did the two opposite each other you would have a never ending cabinet of repeating marble images. Just saying :). Didn't want to talk about the marbles, they are beyond the beyond lol. Ohhhh, and a really spongy carpet on the floor. Accidents happen

Randy,

Great construction ideas and ability. I'm sure you guys had a fun time building and then filling! Only one suggestion, maybe put a Mirror the height of the cabinet inside one of them, it would open the space and let more light onto your beauties. Or......if you did the two opposite each other you would have a never ending cabinet of repeating marble images. Just saying :). Didn't want to talk about the marbles, they are beyond the beyond lol. Ohhhh, and a really spongy carpet on the floor. Accidents happen

I plan to add more lighting for sure. I also bought foam pads for the floor in front of the cabinets.

Thank you for the great ideas.

Randy

Thanks, what size range have you seen for that type....I think they or bird cages are my favorite? If you only had time to grab one and run what would it be and why? How long have you been collecting and did you get most of these at one time? An amazing collection........case is great also!

As far as I have seen the lightening strikes have been around 1-5/8"

I started collecting / dealing in marbles around 1994/95

But did not get serious until about 8 or 9 years ago.

I did buy a large collection last year of handmades

Lastly if I only had time to grab one and run I would pick my wife Mary, why? Because she is more precious than all the marbles.

Randy

Hi mon and thanks for asking about the lightening strikes.

They are 1-5/8" and in mint condition.

Here is a better picture.

Randy

Hi Randy, I see you also have a leaf opaque marble. Could you post more pics of this beauty? From different sides please. I'd love to see it better. These marbles are so rare, even rarer than Lightning strikes. How large is yours?

I used to own one many years ago but I traded it for some mighty fine marbles, I just found out it is for sale on eBay now by the collector I traded it with, this one is 1-5/32" in size. Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321650705905?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Earthquakes never scare me but when I am back visiting my mom in MO I can say I really don't like the storms.

Yikes

Isn't New Madrid in Mo? They had a little shaker there some time ago . . .

Ok here is a close up of the lightening strikes.

If anyone wants any other pictures post just ask on this post and I will try to get to it ASAP.

Randy

Can you post some more pics of your leaf opaque? A really interesting type of single pontil handmade glass marbles. I used to own one several years ago. Mine was 1-5/32" in diameter.

It's for sale on eBay now, and the seller gave me permission to use this pic. Here's a link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321650705905?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

(here you can zoom in on the pic), a really fascinating pattern.

Here's a pic:

$_57.JPG

Hi randy there is one i would like to take a better look at if that's cool in your third picture top shelf right 4 marbles from the left front row has yellow ribbons Looks pretty nice

Im new to marbles and am keen on the German handmade s Ive just let the hair down a bit and some moths out of the wallet and bought my first ones of Ebay and wonder since you a fair range and im sure some of the nicest original specimens if you wouldn't mind doing a little feature on the different style of pontils found on these guys

Thanks

Hi Randy, now I have seen all your marbles, I was wondering, what is your personal favorite marble?

Hi JVV

I really don't have a favorite marble

One day I really like one and a different day I like another.

This is not all my marbles, I have a few more to put in the cases mostly under 1"

But I have been waiting for marble stands it come in the mail. Now I have the stands I can display more.

I still have enough to fill a few shelves.

Rady

Hi randy there is one i would like to take a better look at if that's cool in your third picture top shelf right 4 marbles from the left front row has yellow ribbons Looks pretty nice

Im new to marbles and am keen on the German handmade s Ive just let the hair down a bit and some moths out of the wallet and bought my first ones of Ebay and wonder since you a fair range and im sure some of the nicest original specimens if you wouldn't mind doing a little feature on the different style of pontils found on these guys

Thanks

I will get pics for you

Asap

Hi JVV

I really don't have a favorite marble

One day I really like one and a different day I like another.

This is not all my marbles, I have a few more to put in the cases mostly under 1"

But I have been waiting for marble stands it come in the mail. Now I have the stands I can display more.

I still have enough to fill a few shelves.

Rady

Yes, I can imagine it's hard to pick a favorite, you have soooo many amazing mibs!