Help With A Vitro Agate Champion Agate Shooters Cardback

spara50

I personally haven't seen this one before, does anyone have any info on it? The only thing I know about it's history is that it was purchased at an estate sale 13 years ago in Parkersburg. Seems to be a pretty hard to find cardback. Any help appreciated. (It's not mine, just asking for the owner.)

Craig

Vitro%20Champion%20Shooters%20Card.jpg

American Machine-Made Marbles shows a blister pack on p. 175 with 30 All-Reds. Six rows of five. At the top it says "Out of This World".

Which seems like a completely different purpose from what 60 red would be for, but it's a cardback ....

The AMMM price estimate for that one says $250-300. Soooo a 9 year old estimate for not the same item .... I'll hush now .... ;)

What size are the marbles?

When I saw them all being red my first thought was a story I'd read about red marbles in gumball machines, I think it was. Maybe with other colors mixed in but the red was somehow special.

Them being slingshot probably makes more sense, but I wondered if that was a counter pack for store owners to sell individual red shooters from.

It looks like they are 5/8" I will have to ask. Not sure about the Champion being used. But if you are going to call something Champion Agate Shooters and have them be agate colored red it seems they were trying to get kids to use them to play with, not slingshot ammo. There is no price on it either. I don't know if this was ever in production or if this is a sample. It came from Parkersburg, but I don't know who owned it. Was it brought home from the factory?