Have We Figured Out Who Made These?

Newspaperarchive.com has a lot of Canadian papers.

Maybe there's a chance to find something with Dave's keywords.

Didn't on my first quick search but didn't go very deep.

Have a coupla things I'm supposed to be doing right now.

Gotta get to them.

You guys have fun while I try to buckle down here.

It was among all the Peltier paperwork that came out of the safe. Much of the paperwork was in Sellers hand or carbon copies.

Galen, I started this thread, so would like to keep it more factual than mythical.

I've asked people who've gone thru the documents in the Peltier office safe, as well as those who have gone thru the lockers that contained a Uhaul's worth of Peltier documents, and no one has any recollection of seeing a note about a Canadian marble manufacturer.

Where did you see the note you're referring to?

I saw it going through the papers on Mikes kitchen table. It is factual, choose to believe it or not. No reason to make the story up Hansel. I believe I even brought it to Mikes atttention but made no real big deal of it.. It was close to some papers he had from his trip to Japan to check on the cat eye manufactures. There were some awsome and accurate drawings he made on Hotel stationary of some of the equipment he saw at the Japanese plant.. Very neat stuff. It was simple, one line and with some other notations to himself if I remember correctly. If it made it to Chads he can probably locate it.

Also just slightly surprised and insulted with the insinuation????

I had forgotten about this, as I saw no significance at the time, but I almost remember Galen pointing that out to me, now, and it may have been with the notes from his trip to Japan...

When did Sellers Peltier visit Japan? In the 50's?

These "mystery marbles", when found in the wild in Canada, are usually found with MFC marbles.

We would definitely be aware of any Canadian marble company operating in the 1950's. The Canadian collectors I know were alive then. None of them have heard of a factory producing marbles in Canada. Peltier's note is probably a red herring.