The 'secret' Of Butter

kbobam

It was so gratifying to see all the responses in the 'velveeta post' and realize that

there are still people around who like to actually enjoy their food.

I'm pretty sure that all the top restaurants have computer 'bots' on this forum, and

are currently serving Ann's 'cheese-soaked bacon' to applauding customers. :clap2:

So here's the butter thing. Fresh cool butter and warm melted butter taste completely differently.

And they're both wonderful. What needs to be done with something like a toasted bagel is to

immediately apply a little room-temperature butter so it'll quickly melt. Then you need to apply

some small pieces from a frozen butter stick. You get the best of both worlds at once. ( :

I frequently experiment with melted and cold butter! For example, I fry my turkey burgers in butter (the same butter I've cooked my onions in), but when the burger is done and on the bun I top it with a few slivers of ice-cold butter before putting its lid on. Mmmmmm.

And we can talk about salted and unsalted butter.

I'm an unsalted butter freak, myself.

I use kosher salt separately. Fairly generously.

Ha! This is great!

Onions and butter were made for each other.

Not sure why unsalted butter is so much better, but it is.

I don't have much experience, but my favorite food guy Alton Brown is a

big fan of kosher salt, so I'm sure you both know what you're talking about.

If you haven't seen his show 'Good Eats', please try to check it out.

It's the most informative and entertaining food show ever made.

Ha again! I wouldn't be able to spell the 'con' word to save my life either.

Glad to hear that margarine doesn't exist for you.

It's an incredibly evil so-called 'food' that modern manufacturers use to

exploit consumers. Because so many people are concerned about eating in a

'healthy' way, the margarine makers lie to your face even though the stuff will kill you.

Don't want to end this on a negative note. Let's see. "Cute kittens for everyone!" ( :

we could get fresh butter from the dairy farm out in the country...farmers cheese,too but those folks are long gone...they called it creamery butter...it was salted too....sometimes too much......but it was artery blockin,good....

The artery blocking comment by Duffy brought back this memory. I once had a 6'4" 165 lb room mate in college. He would go to a near by farm and get freshh milk from the Farmer. Bring it back to the apartment and churn out the butter. Then sit down at the table with a bowl of it and eat it like ice cream!!!!!! He would also get those 5 lb boxes of bacon ends and trims cook them up and dip french bread in the grease and cover it with the little crispies. Last I heard he was still alive???

Probably why I don't even butter my bread(LOL)