What Are Marble Prices Doing?

pedidoll

I haven't been watching anywhere for marbles that are for sale as I am having a bit of a cash flow problem and am thinking of selling some of my peltiers and alleys but if the market is on the slow side I will have to come up with a plan B. Can anyone tell me if the market is strong or weak? The peltiers would be my green rebels and the alleys are some oddballs. Thanks in advance!!

It's psychological. If there is no reserve then people start the bidding low because you think that (even subconsciously) you're going to get it cheap, then as the bidding goes up, you are already emotionally invested in the piece and keep on bidding so the other guy/gal can't get it. Also, bidding activity tends to cause more bidding, because it causes people to think that the item is something special if there is so much interest in it. Generally an item will sell for more if it has no reserve, than if it has a reserve.

my 1 cent thought on this....

Well I think marble's are getting higher for opening bid... pelt's for example.

But I still seem to have the same issues as always: watching auction an then the seller end's auctions for bin's.

A good example of this was my recent sale, I have 35 people wanting me to end my auction early... I image that this goes on with most/all auction of interest.... ???

--side note--

Anyway, I still have my website that I'm still working on. I have two new cabinets and photographing everything as I put them into it. So far I have the pelts up.

I won't price anything till the photo's are done for everything... maybe a month or so. I'm currently on my CAC's.

I have had several people ask me what my reserve was. And I told them. I'm really not selling it to give someone a "deal" and if I had more time I would send it to chad on consignment. Which I still may end up doing. Im selling it cuz I need the money