Jump to content

Peltier Honey - Amber Bananas


Steph
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello hickzuk and a most hardy “Welcome” to The Marble Connection,
You may have one---the bottom one. The rest are just—not what you think they are probably foreign made marbles.
More images are needed of the bottom one.
Great research on your part! 
And nice marbles as well.
Marble—On!!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Hello hickzuk and a most hardy “Welcome” to The Marble Connection,
You may have one---the bottom one. The rest are just—not what you think they are probably foreign made marbles.
More images are needed of the bottom one.
Great research on your part! 
And nice marbles as well.
Marble—On!!
 

Thank you :) and thank you for getting back to me , the info i can find on these is limited tbh i have joined a number of facebook marble groups including some peltier ones , some have said that the coloured glass cats eyes are hard to find , some mentioned the nova run root bear float, just a bit confusing when so many marbles look the same lol hope the extra photos help and thanks for helping

IMG20220901013131.jpg

IMG20220901013122.jpg

IMG20220901013027.jpg

IMG20220901013017.jpg

IMG20220901012955.jpg

IMG20220901012947.jpg

IMG20220901012939.jpg

IMG20220901012932.jpg

IMG20220901012929.jpg

IMG20220901012922.jpg

IMG20220901012919.jpg

IMG20220901012903.jpg

IMG20220901012844.jpg

IMG20220901012837.jpg

IMG20220901012833.jpg

IMG20220901012829.jpg

IMG20220901012824.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be inclined to your yellow banana in amber glass being right, except for one thing - the Peltier Honey Amber cat has unusually flawless glass - no bubbles, no small debris, and your example seems to have some small bubbles. I could be wrong - there are exceptions to everything. Maybe the few others who have the Honey Amber will chime in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ann said:

I would be inclined to your yellow banana in amber glass being right, except for one thing - the Peltier Honey Amber cat has unusually flawless glass - no bubbles, no small debris, and your example seems to have some small bubbles. I could be wrong - there are exceptions to everything. Maybe the few others who have the Honey Amber will chime in.

I would agree that most of the bananas i see have almost perfect glass even the non coloured versions but i have seen a few that are labbled as amber bananas that seem to be like mine , but i know very little so makes it harder to say either way , thanks for your input

 

chfdg.jpg

cvc.jpg

fghf.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 2:24 AM, hickzuk said:

I would agree that most of the bananas i see have almost perfect glass even the non coloured versions but i have seen a few that are labbled as amber bananas that seem to be like mine , but i know very little so makes it harder to say either way , thanks for your input

 

chfdg.jpg

cvc.jpg

fghf.jpg

Some links and pix for ya    :party-243:

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/21345-peltier-honey-amber-bananas/#comment-188620

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/28179-i-am-not-dead-yet/#comment-244748

 

image.thumb.png.5c418de08c2b776231d5b13aeaa800a8.png

Pic courtesy of Bill M. ( mibcapper)

image.png.454efd2c67f334668d488246a1c95737.png

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

thank you ,i saw these and some other photos also , the two i have i agree have quite a lot of bubbles compared to most photos but one or two with bubbles also , i just dont know enough tbh but i see the banana in my ones for sure comparing it to the pelts , has that classic banana look they came in that bag i got that had the 11 josephs coats and others :) 

 

IMG20220901012903.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2015 at 2:16 PM, Steph said:

Here's a mysterious marble. Such a pretty one yet so few are known.

Joe McDonough discovered them in about 1989, in an auction for the family of a man who was said to work for Peltier before he moved to New Jersey. A total of 119 of the amber ones came with jars full of other colored bananas and colored clearies. Most of the ambers were mint. Some had a substance like melted rubber on them. There was one peewee in the lot.

There seems no doubt that they are Peltier. Many notables including Alan Basinet weighed in when Joe was trying to confirm.

I just marvel that there are so few when it's such a wonderful marble. How many might they have made? Where could they be hiding?

This one is mine. :) :)

PeltierHoneyAmberBanana018_cropped_sm_zp

And then here are some more. Joe's friend took this first picture and then the attached pics are earlier photos of the find. On Kodak paper. :)

gallery_279_56_115160.jpg

post-279-0-35779000-1444424729_thumb.jpg post-279-0-00202200-1444424731_thumb.jpg post-279-0-75457100-1444424732_thumb.jpg

Oop !! Sorry bout that Steph, I didn't realize ya already posted Joe's pix   :eusa_doh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...