I am not dead yet

poetsgarden

Thanks Steph, you are an angel from heaven! Since I retired I have dedicated myself to growing food and flowers for anyone that needs or wants them.

I am growing on  more than 600 square feet of garden space and will expand that this spring.

My flowers are exotic tulips, asian lillies, azaleas and giant german Iris and zinnias.

My vegetables are 8 different varieties of peppers, 8 different varieties of tomatoes, two types of cucumbers, two types of carrots, two types of peas, two types of onions and two types of radish. This will be my 5th spring garden and I can't wait to get started. I am currently growing green beans and peas in my house.

The theme of the garden is "Goodness and Kindness and Love"

Everybody and anybody is welcome to pick fresh vegetables and the flowers are saved for the children.

Best wishes and much blessings to you and yours.....Joe McDonough

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

William, great to have your acquaintance! That's me, love my gardens! I keep expanding every year myself, doing so again this year! We grow dozens of varieties of flowers and vegetables. Pretty excited that Spring is only a short time away. I've got plenty of garden pics in my thread "My other Interest" in the Lounge if you want to check them out. Looking forward to pic sharing once the planting and growing begins! 😊

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Welcome back .I have used your old site extensively thank you for all the knowledge you have provided :clap2:

Tommy, if you mean joemarbles.com, that was a different Joe.  Sadly, Joe Street is no longer with us.  

Thanks Sami, great to hear from you. Hope Mike is doing well! Have you found out any new information on the marbles i sent to you and Mike?

Best wishes.....Joe McDonough

William Glad to meet a fellow mini farmer. I started the garden when I turned 69, this will be my fifth season.

I am a scrounger always asking for free stuff to grow the garden. Currently I am getting beautiful green 5 gallon buckets with lids from

Chick fil a. If you need buckets check out your local Chick fil a. They sell for about $12.00 on line so this is a money saver for me.

For my fellow gardeners William and Steph I thought you might like this poem....

"Living"

Nature does not die in the Darkness

It lives well and thrives

out of sight!

I am a part of Nature

I too shall live well and thrive

out of sight

Nature and I await the end of Darkness

And the Rising of the Light

Joseph Patrick McDonough 1,25,2021

• Like 2

I am not a poem guy, never will be but I sure like gardening.
Fact is that I have had so many trees surrounding me decimated by the Emerald Ash borer that my garden will no doubt be the best in years. This is nature, love it or not, I prefer to just get along with it and adjust.
I am a tree lover first and a gardener second. I am sad about all of the great Ash trees that have died, too many to count. I had an eighty footer taken down this week, what a tree it was, a greater danger to the house however.
If you really like gardening, check out his link. The best seeds in large quantities that I have found.
https://growitalian.com/shop-seeds/
This Chard will be the best greens that you have ever grown. Grow them, cut them, and grow them cut them, all from one planting, year round without bolting right up to frost and a little beyond. I had 20 Lbs blanched and frozen last year out of two 10 foot rows. I do not include the stalks---not for me.
Use them like you would spinach, or any other green.
https://www.growitalian.com/chard-verde-de-taglio-certified-organic-14-1b/
There is nothing like dirt in the fingernails! (I do find marbles in the garden, I wonder who planted them)

Thanks Steph if you would like a copy send me your address and i will send a hard copy to you. I believe i have sent a few poems to you before.

Akroorka, you are a palindrome besides a gardener and tree lover, My trees are 200 million years old in my garden. I truly hope your trees last that long.

The only greens I grow are Herbs. My garden is geared to my neighbors picking and learning about real food and where it comes from.

Many only eat from mini-markets, hence junk food. I do my best to provide tomatoes peppers carrots beans peas etc for them.

Gardening is my life now at 73 and i Hope I can go for many more years. Best wishes to all.....Joe McDonough

Ok, this is the second time this week that I had to look up a word between you and Steph.

I am just a simple guy growing great stuff in his garden and sometimes finding a marble or two along with it.

Greens are about as healty as you can get--my guttug loves them.

I will take palindrome as a compliment because that is what I have always been, just ask anyone--LOL.

Thanks (akroorka)

Try some greens, easy to grow and as healthy as a traf (not quite but close) !

On 1/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, poetsgarden said:

Thanks Sami, great to hear from you. Hope Mike is doing well! Have you found out any new information on the marbles i sent to you and Mike?

Best wishes.....Joe McDonough

William Glad to meet a fellow mini farmer. I started the garden when I turned 69, this will be my fifth season.

I am a scrounger always asking for free stuff to grow the garden. Currently I am getting beautiful green 5 gallon buckets with lids from

Chick fil a. If you need buckets check out your local Chick fil a. They sell for about $12.00 on line so this is a money saver for me.

I started actually getting into gardening after my wife and I bought this home in 2001. Doing it every year since but just recently started expanding it a few years ago. She was more the flower gardener than I, I handled the veggies. I've kept it going since her passing in early 2018 after a 3 year battle with brain cancer, always trying different things. I usually end up giving at least half of my harvest away, growing seems to be more of a joy to me than consuming the fruits of my labor 😁....