New D.a.s. Llc Marbles

How exciting, a bunch more marbles to confuse the collectors of vintage mibs. Sorry but these marbles are in no way helping the hobby of Vintage marble collecting. IMO they are a major reason for folks leaving the hobby. More power to you if you like them and want to collect them but I just look at where are hobby is going and this is one of main reasons. It is Okay if you do not agree with me but please do not start any wild attacks for my opinion. I am not the only one that feels this way, just one of the few willing to express the opinion. If you do not feel this way, that is fine. Please do not start the personal attacks and just express your own opinions about the marbles.

I have some nice boxed sets I'm planning to post soonish -- always struggling with my picture taking skills -- grrrr -- but they're sweet sets and I still plan on doing it even though Rich is doing such a good job keeping up to date with his photos of the runs.

The marbles do not have seams. That should be a distinguishing factor. They are swirls, not corks, or NLR's or rainbows. There are occasionally flames, but no seams. There are only certain colors available to purchase and just a limited amount of color combinations. Just admit that no matter what the makers of the new marbles do, You will post negatively about them. Yes, you asked us not to respond to your post, but that never stops you from complaining about the marbles. New people collect them, mostly because us olde fartes have the vintage squirelled away. There is a market for the new ones and there are people who can afford them and can't afford what you collect, We will continue to make them. It's fun, enjoyable, some of us makers also collect them. Instead of your posting the same things any time the new marbles are posted, get a life. Let the people who like them have their fun collecting and the people who get together to make them have their good times being together, recreating an old art form. Too bad no one has invented a way to make colors not available years ago. Then there are only so many colors visible to the human eye. The old makers used every color available to them and so do we.

I got into marbles because of Jabo and continue to enjoy D.A.S. marbles as well. I'm not familiar with the folks who are leaving the hobby because of these marbles, but I know of at least a few who started because of these marbles. :)

I'm not sure if I'd be considered a new generation of marble collectors, I'm fairly young, so maybe I am. I've noticed most of the people on these forums are older than me.

From previous topics certain people make it a point to leave comments on marbles they have no interest in and/or don't like, just repeating the same thing over and over, which is weird to me. Marbles are supposed to be fun, they're not suppose to be serious, thats just my feeling though.

Sorry Edna I never told anyone not to respond to my post. I was trying to get other opinions on the marbles and why they think differently than I, But it seems you and Crazy have to take the shots at me. No big deal, I expected it. And I expected you to be the first.

,When I see new marbles resembling old I may say something. I should be able to with out folks taking personal shots and telling me what I should or should not post, Come on, lets get past that.. Really no different than the person making a similar post for all the new runs. And heck, it is 2 days short of a year since I said anything negative about the new runs. Marble collecting is fun. Not as fun as it used to be but so far still fun. Going to shows all over the country having get togethers with other collector friends, heck even getting invited and going to a new run is fun. Lot more new mimics in those jars at antique shows but that must Okay to most.(i do not like it) Lot more jabber about Jabos on the boards and thats Okay to most Trouble being after you reach the $50,000+ in marbles purchased the hobby does get a liot more serious. And when you see new marbles being produced that resemble old marbles It isn't much different that the fake Chinese coins that have hit the coin collecting world (at least they can get the coins graded and hope they get a good grade and a nice value). Sometimes I think I should have stuck with cateyes. I might be having more fun.(LOL)

It is amazing how well stinky old bait works after a whole year :worms:

This is pretty off topic, but something I wondered about long time collectors. What's the end game here? If you reach like you say, over 50,000 dollars in marbles purchased, what do you plan to do with them?

Are you planning on selling them before you kick the bucket? Pass them down to your kids or grandkids? You wanna be buried with them? lol. If you do plan on passing them down to your kids/grandkids, are you hoping they keep them? Would you have a problem with them posting them all up on Ebay for the extra moolah?

I should have probably made a new topic about this, but meh. Just something I always wondered about. This question isn't necessarily just for lstmmrbls, any long time collectors can chime in.

Steph is never one to miss anything(LOL)

I will probably attempt to unload everything come retirement time. I have always bought for personal viewing enjoyment and to better my collection through trading. I have a lot of stuff out on display in my home. I will be downsizing when I retire. Everything from Marbles and related stuff, Andrew Jackson, A. Lincolns and G. Washingtons hair ,the Audubons and many other bird, flower and study engravings will go, I may hang on to the Picassos and the Gold but nothing else has an anchor on it. I do enjoy this piece very much. Pencil and ink. Over 3 feet tall. Ann, you may find this interesting, read the signature. Actually known as the CAC

IMG_0693.JPG

6473454.JPG

I will probably attempt to unload everything come retirement time. I have always bought for personal viewing enjoyment and to better my collection through trading. I have a lot of stuff out on display in my home. I will be downsizing when I retire. Everything from A. Lincolns and G. Washingtons hair ,the Audubons and many other bird, flower and study engravings will go, I may hang on to the Picassos and the Gold but nothing else has an anchor on it.

You gotta save some marbles out of all of it? Now you got me wondering which ones would be the last to go.

Thanks for responses guys, mine was a serious question and I sometimes wonder what I will do with my collection as well. I didn't mean to insult anybody with my original response, I am just confused by the drama.

I will leave this topic now before it gets too crazy.

I looked at some of the recent runs on that website..some of the marbles are really nice.they remind my of some of the nicer champion furnace marbles..I always loved those furnace marbles. One of the reasons I never liked jabo was the size..if these are 5/8 or smaller I wouldn't mind having a jar full.

I like some of the Jabo runs and whenever I can get my hands on Jabo marbles that I like, I certainly don't hesitate. Got some real beauties in my Jabo keeper case that I've collected over the years! However, I just kinda wish that you could go to the corner drugstore or hobby store and find them there. I know that may not be realistic in today's market, but one of the things that fascinates me about the vintage marbles in my collection is that most of them were originally bought at a store with the purpose of being used as kids toys. I would wonder what kind of store they were bought at and how they would get traded around over the years...I guess I'd be more into the Jabos if I saw bags of them for sale in the toy departments of retailers (for a kids toy price) where kids could get their hands on them. The runs made now are largely going straight to the hands of collectors and never spending any time out there being used by kids as toys. To me, that kind of takes a little bit of the interest out of it, but certainly not all. That said, I also like to see the new runs come out and, of course, try to acquire a few of them!

I looked at some of the recent runs on that website..some of the marbles are really nice.they remind my of some of the nicer champion furnace marbles..I always loved those furnace marbles. One of the reasons I never liked jabo was the size..if these are 5/8 or smaller I wouldn't mind having a jar full.

Mine from this latest run are still plus-sized ... in the neighborhood of 11/16".

This is pretty off topic, but something I wondered about long time collectors. What's the end game here? If you reach like you say, over 50,000 dollars in marbles purchased, what do you plan to do with them?

Are you planning on selling them before you kick the bucket? Pass them down to your kids or grandkids? You wanna be buried with them? lol. If you do plan on passing them down to your kids/grandkids, are you hoping they keep them? Would you have a problem with them posting them all up on Ebay for the extra moolah?

I should have probably made a new topic about this, but meh. Just something I always wondered about. This question isn't necessarily just for lstmmrbls, any long time collectors can chime in.

My kids are going to have a heck of a garage sale - buckets full for pennies on the dollar!

There is no end game for me..it will be the end and I leave my collection and whatever behind..it really doesn't matter at that point. Never collect for investment. Sure I could sell it all and take a nice vacation but there are some I could never sell so what's the point.

Those are some pretty color combo's on those marbles.

As a "seasoned" collector,I would have to be a color blind moron with a hidden agenda to express an opinion that they look like vintage marbles.

Im thinking the only marble newby that would mistake them for vintage,was one that didnt want to take the time to educate themselves,before spending any money on them.Of course,Ive seen newbies buy cat eye's,thinking they were handmades.

Im pretty sure it aint the marbles fault,and I can also guess that why we use the term,"Marble Newby".

I know for a FACT,that Jabo/Sammy's/D.A.S. marbles have brought more people into the hobby than ANYTHING that has been done with the marble clubs,marble chat boards,marble shows,or the vintage marbles themselves.

Thats the funny thing about facts,,,they dont give a rats butt what your opinions are.