Orange Peltier Slag

I'm seeing a sweet orange slag but am not sure what makes it a Pelt slag. Seems to have closely spaced waving rather then feathering, which is the only hallmark I am aware of to distinguish Pelt slags from other slags. I have a handful of orange slags and would appreciate folks sharing some of the other attributes besides feathering, that would distinguish a slag as being Peltier.  Thanks, Bill

They have a few traits in common...

1. Seams, even if they aren't obvious they are there somewhere.  It's also not unusual to have all of the surfaced opaque white limited to one 'side' with the other being submerged.

2. The feathering isn't limited to just the surface of the marble and even if the opaque white dies off somewhere inside there is an optical effect like sugar dissolved in water that traces the same pattern below the surface.

. . . and the patterning is as much "Venetian blinds" as feathering.  The best examples exhibit chatoyance, a favorite word I learned here in a long-ago thread about Pelt slags.  Move the marble, it can look like blinds opening and closing.  Or the pattern resembles wood grain.

This banded agate bead shows what the marble makers were after . . .

Agate Bead 2.jpg