Post pics of cold-rolls, cutlines, hit marks, etc. on machine-mades

Steph

I suppose anything is possible, although I would expect if it were a broken finial there might be some sign it was broke off. Instead the metal is very uniform. Not totally smooth  and just at the edge or just under the edge of the glass with no chipping of the glass. Had it broke after the glass was cool you would think there be chipped areas. A mystery for sure. I can not get light threw it. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Hadn't thought about it sooner until the thread got bumped, but could it be a finial of some type?  Maybe a backlit pic?

Someone posted something like that a few months ago, it was magnetic.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:27 AM, Nantucketdink said:

lol.  Now that's funny.

What's funny is that for some reason you think this is a Vacor. I absolutely agree with you that IDing  takes practice.  And shoot you might have even collected longer than I have. But based on the swirl patterns cut lines and countless hours I have looked at Peltiers  I am going to have to go with Peltier on this one buddy. No hard feelings if you disagree with me :). Marble on bro

IMG_3387.JPG

It is actually worthwhile to show what typical cutlines and cold rolls look like on 1" range JABOs in this thread, however, I can't post my lame photo in a big enough size to blow up where one can see the cold rolls on them or the cutlines.  I totally understand the ID part doesn't belong here.