Marble Comparison Thread :)

Steph

Here's Cheese's CAC and Alley comparison. CAC on the left. Alley on the right.

CAC_Alley_Cheese_zps15f54772.jpg

Post any comparisons you feel inclined to. New versus old. Company A versus Company B. Different shades of colors within the same family. American versus Japanese or European. Sparkler versus Sunburst. NLR versus Rainbo. Anything. :)

Oxblood is something newbies have a hard time grasping it seems, so this might help in that respect, or it might muddy the water more :blink: ... but these are oxblood on the left, not oxblood on the right. I tried to pick some that are not oxblood, but commonly are confused with oxblood because of the color. Some of the oxbloods on the left are very thick heavy oxblood, and some are thin.

20150130_230824.jpg

thanks for posting this cheese. If the non-oxblood, 2nd from top were moved to the left side, I wouldn't know the different. Maybe it's better "in the hand"?

Question: I see these glass frogs being used. Potential to scratch marbles? I'm guessing you just use them for photo ops? I saw some at the antique store the other day and almost got a couple, for display purposes, but decided against it.

You're right, in hand it would be more obvious. The brown/red ribbon is actually transparent in that marble. The white base glass makes it look a lot like the ones on the left in the picture. That marble is an Alley from Pennsboro.