Do these look like Christensen?

Mikie_T

Had to have a marble fix so I found these.... They were listed as Christensen but even more, I just like the way they look. The larger is 11/16" and the smaller one is 5/8".

Do y'all agree??

5ad73cbc1dcc0_new1.jpg.ee5267da5d10b3fd1495a6ab596bcabe.jpg

5ad73d0b29db2_new2.jpg.036490df88c588f3b462cf400111efa3.jpg

And one more pic of the smaller one.....

5ad73d33605fc_new3.jpg.d16eb741fe990d98b837b3a99e4d26a9.jpg

What say ye?

Mike

Yep, I like the one with the wave too. Almost looks like smoke. (FUN!!!)

Uhhhhhh. Christensen marbles are an area I don't know anything about really. I guess I need an education on M.F. C. and Christensen Agate....

:blink:

I have learned a lot in this thread. I do not see that tale tell seam on the ones I just bought. So I do agree possibly early Akro.

I believe I read that Akro bought marbles from MFC and the furnaces and equipment used by MFC was bought by Akro after Charles Christensen died. That sort of says to me that Akro sold marbles that were really close to the look and manufacture of MFC.

SO..... I know one thing about these marbles I just bought. I LIKE the swirls and color of the base glass. They are interesting marbles. I am still too green to pin a maker on a lot of marbles but I am getting there...... thanks to everyone here. Thanks for your help everyone!

Mike

MFC strived to have 60-70% white glass and most others strived for that percentage of transparent glass.  That is why you can not see through many MFC marbles. Akro had Arnold Fiedler as a handgather teacher and mixer and I do not believe he liked the 9 pattern and taught a different type of gathering (dip and pull rather than swirling).  I believe that is why most Akros' Early Pelts and many CAC handgathered marbles do no exhibit a strong 9.  He worked and taught handgathering at all 3 places