Help with ID for a contemporary marble signed "JC"

Hello all! 

Been having some trouble trying to find the maker/artist of this larger glass marble.

Nice glass, spiral marble, about 2" inches in diameter with very vibrant colors (more vibrant than the lousy pics I posted). Signed on the bottom pole "JC 07".

Possibly, it's hard to tell, but there could be a C and a line over the signature that looks kinda like this:

C
--------
JC 07

I know nothing about the history of the marble, but there is a possibility that it was purchased in Bellevue, WA, so there's always a chance it's an unknown local to that area. Found a couple of ideas as to the identity of the artist online, but nothing definitive. One of the artists I found as a possibility is Jerry Capel (sp?), but don't know 

Many thanks in advance for the help2.gif

Mark

marble2.jpg

marble3.jpg

marble4.jpg

marble5.jpg

Thank you again @Steph! To let you all know that I'm not totally lazy in my research (lol), here are some of the artists and results that I found, with no conclusive results.  Used this list plus other artist my research uncovered:

Jim Cooprider, but he appears to have been an artist mostly in the 1980's?, but no comparable signature that I could find.

Joe Crisanti appears to have a cane like stamp that he uses, not an etched signature, and his style seems very much different than my example.

Jared Csakany -- no examples found

Jason Compagni -- only one real example that I could find, and his signature was his full name, not the "JC" I was looking for :(

Jerry Capel -- I suppose this artist is a possibility, as he has been known for making marbles, but I cannot find a comparable signature or similar examples.

John Choko -- Did sign pieces "JC", but unfortunately passed away in 1991.

Jean Claude Novaro -- Another slim possibility, he did sign his name "J C Novaro" but his signature style is different, and he seems to specialize in mediums other than marbles.

JC Herrell -- Cannot find an example to compare, especially the signature, appears this artist specializes in glass beads primarily.

Thank you @TerryT35!  Looking around, I can't find any solid information about Jesse Carpenter as a glass artist/maker.  Do you happen to have a link available to some of his works that I might be missing?  Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this is the same person that you are referencing, but found a little information about Earl "Jesse" Carpenter of Blenko Glass...although I'm also not finding about his works, except some generic Blenko pieces.  Thank you again!  

Mark

Hoping @Alan can help.

I wish I could be of more help.  My thought first went to Jim Cooprider  - not due to style...just memory kicking in.  Thing is - my recollection is that Jim was a torch worker. 

This is a tank, cane construction piece.  Now that should allow us to sort most "JC" artists out - because most makers are torch workers.

The other challenge is that the construction is fairly unremarkable.  A lot of artists made pieces that look like this.  The construction is fairly straightforward and the glass is standard.  No artist-specific styles or techniques shown.

Wish I could be of more help.

Alan

• 2 years later...

I met Jerry Capel yesterday in Palestine, TX. He told my kids all about how to make marbles. He gave them some special Uranium ones he’d made that glow in black light… very nice man. Try him! Look up JR Lonestar Glassworks, his daughter Renee also works with glass.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Jibster did you ever find out who the artist is. I have a marble with the same J C signature on mine that looks just like yours except I don't have the c above a line. I would like to know who the artist is also. I have had my marble for many years and can't remember where I got mine, but would guess Ebay.

16489228926053088389944894629318.jpg

16489229422854623234246305308978.jpg