Akro?

Marbleized

Help needed.  Here is a red, white and blue marble. The white is probably the base.  Using Steph's post on seams, I'm coming to the conclusion that this is an Akro, maybe a patch because of the red.  One seam has a curve that is almost flat.  The other seam is more curved like a "u".  The red is clear. Everything else is opaque.  There is a little striation on one side of the red patch. It looks brownish orange. The size is 0.64". Just wanting to know if I identified this correctly.  Thanks!

IMG_6042.jpeg

IMG_6043.jpeg

What a nice marble.  And I don't know.  I don't associate that kind of deep clear red with Akro.

I'll toss Master and Vitro in for consideration.   How unhelpful is that?

My next guess would have been a vitro since it reminded me of the helmets when looking at the slightly curved seam from the right angle.  That clear red also made me think that it might not be an Akro.  The part that made me think Master was that slight bit of blending on one of the edges of the red.  I'll lean towards the Vitro just for the heck of it. Thanks again!  I hope you have a wonderful and meaningful Memorial Day!  

I think it is Akro.  This is one of those that caused the confusion that Akro made the helmet marbles. The true Vitro helmet style would have the similar transparent face of the helmet . But the main part or the majority of the helmet would have different color stripe down the middle of it.  From the top middle edge of the helmet face to the lower backside of the  helmet. It was named helmet because the pattern or style looks like a football helmet. What I call the Akro helmets, do not have the stripe of a different color for the center of the opaque part of the helmet. Some of the Akros can be all opaque. Akros in colors of, Green and black face,  yellow with red face, white with orange face, white and blue with red face,  green and black with yellow face,  and I am sure a few other combos.  The blue on the op here is a blue patch with bleed, not a stripe or more narrow ribbon. The extra different coloration where the opaque and transparent colors meet is normal on many of this style Akro.  When I started collecting marbles the helmets were considered made by Akro in books and by many collectors. But Vitro made all the jewel trays and true helmet marbles. Many of the Akro Royal marbles have this similar nice bright transparent red.  

Vitro Helmets below. All have the stripe in the middle of the helmet. The Vitro helmets all have the stripe around the center on half of the marble. The similar Akros do not have this center stripe. 

DSC02600.JPG.c567b7fc7c5192b3835618eaa0ae0091.JPGDSC02610.JPG.41561fa261f800958085d6720b95fe7e.JPGDSC02594.JPG.8d872f682213f8825f3070dbb1b9d0ad.JPGDSC02604.JPG.2aecd523fcfc14662ba292416bde2c94.JPG

All Akro below.

I thought that I had some more pictures of these and more three color ones. I have not taken lots of Akro patch style marbles pictures.  The original is for sure Vitro or Akro. The extra color on the edge where the opaque and transparent colors meet or overlap, I have seen more on Akro patches. More views of the original may also change things. The first picture of the original post looks Akro. 

DSC04349.JPG.61309986d3c7a4f2404c17f076cf0b89.JPGDSC04351.JPG.2feb703b68b4f85332f4b2b60af55b8a.JPGDSC04355.JPG.7cf7a5e7fe20436ff19aab82e97b1285.JPGDSC04356.JPG.f253606db3f6b4266c1d9ae1afe3b014.JPG

Thanks Vron, for the detailed explanation of the differences between a vitro and an akro.  Would it be fair to say that one difference between an Akro patch and a Vitro helmet is that the clear red patch of the Akro, which looks like the face, goes over the white base, whereas the face of the Vitro is the base and always clear? I hope I'm making sense.  I love the pics, and especially love the helmet in the back left on the first picture of helmets. And, I'm still trying to figure out how someone got the helmets into the openings of the metal tray without scratching them 😬.  All good references for the future! Thanks also, Steph and "I'llhavethat1" for the feedback as well! 😃

The Vitro helmet face is not clear but colored transparent glass.  Same with the similar Akros.  The big difference is the stripe or narrow ribbon in or near the center of the Vitro helmet has the stripe. The similar colors of Akro patches do not have the stripe.  Good quality vintage marbles do not scratch easily. The back of the jewel tray is off until the marbles are placed. When the back is removed the marbles fit loose. The marbles are inserted and the back of the tray is pressed in place, which tightens everything.

Vitro Helmet =  Transparent(red here)face, opaque white patch for main part of football helmet, A different color stripe( blue here)around the center of the white. 

DSC02610.JPG.cb1ce5375d6ed58253a1160aee4feb53.JPG

Akro patch = Transparent(blue here)face similar to the helmet. White patch for the main body, similar to the helmet.   But NO STRIPE through center of white. DSC04356.JPG.c0c399f1f2c8c1e945468b870f8962fa.JPG

Akro patch = Transparent(green here)face similar to the helmet. Opaque white patch for the main body similar to the helmet. But no stripe or narrow ribbon of a different color around or near the center of the white, DSC04354.JPG.caa3327e3283778ea0af318323dfbda8.JPG