They can vary wide in price.  Condition, size and the figure inside all change the values.  Put them in water an look at the size of the figure. The inserts or figures are small. The clear glass magnifies them.  The inserts need to be small in order to place them inside a red hot piece of glass, as near center as possible, and without trapped air. Some Sulfides has been made to look like the original antique ones.

2 hours ago, wvrons said:

They can vary wide in price.  Condition, size and the figure inside all change the values.  Put them in water an look at the size of the figure. The inserts or figures are small. The clear glass magnifies them.  The inserts need to be small in order to place them inside a red hot piece of glass, as near center as possible, and without trapped air. Some Sulfides has been made to look like the original antique ones.

I bought one in 2008 near Sistersville, made by a guy with initials “TT“. Tommy Thornton?? It was on the bottom of the figure, a gnome, in amber glass with white wisps. Fooled a number of people.

waiting to look at a group locally, cautious as I know little about them.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:15 PM, schmoozer said:

I bought one in 2008 near Sistersville, made by a guy with initials “TT“. Tommy Thornton?? It was on the bottom of the figure, a gnome, in amber glass with white wisps. Fooled a number of people.

waiting to look at a group locally, cautious as I know little about them.

If you have Block's hardback it has probably 95% or better of known sulphide's, you will get the feel for them after you've seen a few, remember if it's questionable there's a reason !! Stanley as well as Bob's book's are a bit spendy, but some of the best referencing I've ever seen, well worth the money. If you get one authentic mib at a reasonable price the book's have already paid for themselves. Stan was a great marble enthusiast and promoter to the marble community, He is greatly missed. And him and Bob have probably saved me thousand's $$ If you go to Alans old site as he describes the questionable California sulphide's, new multiple figures, rare and unknown's w/ none of the for mentioned having the green fluorescence under uv. and yes their other fakes around just like everything else, you are wise to be cautious until your familiarity w/ them grow's. 

Edited by Chad G.
addition