Chad G.

I somehow lost a group of ID's of Corals on a bunch of marbles that I had.  Here is an old picture of the two boxes.  Probably searching "Corals" on this tie might bring up those pics that I posted for confirming ID's.  Main thing is that there are many marbles that are closer (red & green) but not all are Corals.  Ignore the Pelt in the middle of the top box.

Al's Corals - 01.JPG

Al's Corals - 02.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

The two top example's look almost as if they came off the roller's right behind each other, nice window's, I keep lookin for the clear coral but always

has some type of irreconcilable damage, i.e. fractures or heavy use, maybe I just need to look a little harder, thanks for posting the pics, I'll stumble across a few good one's some day, keep's it interesting, by the way first time I've ever seen metalic in a coral marble. Nice!!

Chad G.

Not completely up on the historical side yet, just have my favorites, I always thought Pennsboro since most often associated w/ Alley, but read a thread that said St. Mary's, whom I link w/ the old Marble King factory, more than a little confusing for me ?? Clarification would be much appreciated Ron !! Thank you.

Chad G.

See some Master, Akro, maybe 1 or 2 pelt dragon's, no visible coral mibs that I can make out.

Chad G.

Can't find anything on the fireproofing yet even tried googling it. Give me little time I'll get it. I was a Machinist Mate in the Navy and a trained fireman, that knowledge not much help in this situation, " maybe "

Chad G.

Great mibs man, I'm so looking forward to getting some clear base that don't have any hits or wear. The opaque and the transparent are both beautiful but I do prefer the transparent. So !! what do I always find ?? of course you already know the answer. Very nice, thanks :thup: Now where's mine :pirate: ???????????????

On 10/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, wvrons said:

At which Alley location were the Corals produced ?

DSC02428.JPG.51c94d540425ef50a5f1de094534cf71.JPGDSC04917.JPG.2395bf7fc83de9393646b121a8b66731.JPGDSC04922.JPG.8f4205dfc6a455a3c376c3faefc9c78d.JPGDSC00917.JPG.4e66f120f771bc6746f39c62ca684625.JPG

" St Mary's " it took me a little bit of research but I found it !!! Thanks for the history Ron, information that I have to work for isn't soon forgotten.