MK?

Berryb

I've kinda given up on identifying mibs because it gets tiresome always being wrong. This one has me intrigued though. I have IDed it as coming from pretty much every company -it depends on what I was looking at last on MC. Any way I have settled on MK, but I don't know what it  really is. It's 15/16ths. The brownish spots are in the glass. Thanks

Bruce

mk1.jpg

mk2.jpg

Akro patch yes but it doesn't look like an ade base to me, looks more like the ace base, can you hit it with the uv" 💡"and see if it glows please Bruce ?? Don't give up on identifying, I've seen you right several times also, believe me I've been wrong plenty, just like everyone else. Just like I may be wrong this time, sometimes you just can't tell from "📷"  pics !!

Chad G.

Akro.  I don't see any brown spots. I do see clumps of yellow in the first picture, which did not melt and flow well. If you put the yellow down in and under that mossey base glass, it may look tan or to a brown shade to some. Only two colors were used to make this marble. The mossy translucent base glass and the yellow.  Sometimes we make a marble more difficult than it should be.  We always want our marble to be up the value or rarity scale father than what it actually is 90% of the time. So we study it and with hopes, study it more trying to make it something it is not. How many times have I over and over tried to rub out that chip on the that long hunted marble.  We wish our marbles to be better. Don't give up, just slow some and don't look to deep and hard. Step back and look at the big picture. I have give up more than once. But with a little time I always came back for more. Each time I came back, I learned more. It will not be easy or fast learning marbles. You may not be comfortable or a expert at it next year or the year after. But 25 years from now you might be ?    

I didn't try to make something out of this marble that it wasn't. If it was not for the size it would already be in the junk jar -because of the chip in the first photo.  When I started collecting if it wasn't Akro, Pelt, MFC, or CAC It was dismissed or ignored. Five years before that collectors dismissed all machine mades. So you guys thinking it is probably an Akro is a step up from what I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's great that previously marginalized mibs are getting the attention they deserve. But telling one WV swirl from another is difficult at best, so I will keep plugging away and hope that I'm still doin' marbles in 25 years (I'll be 94). Thanks for the encouragement.

Bruce