I got this at a shop in town a while back. A black scorpion encased in a 4" orb. It reminded me of my little brother, he had scorpions tattooed on both of his forearms. He passed in 2015 at the age of 47, miss ya Bro !!

image.png.30b7472ca1c2a062fafaaec8549f363a.png

A pic of my baby Brother with a 72" sturgeon, we loved to fish, hunt, pick mushrooms just about anything you can imagine two brothers doing together. He was not only my Brother but my best & dearest friend.

image.png.6e39f720ba186f21397441b5b1c4c861.png

Memories indeed...you just took me back to my teens when my buddy Tony Smith and I were at my house tinkering with our first homemade tattoo gun. It consisted of a guitar string, a lantern battery, ink pen barrel, a few other tiny miscellaneous parts, and a bottle of indigo ink. Our contraption actually worked and the results for me this (it's expanded under my skin some with age) not bad for do it yourselfers 🤪....never had a brother, I'm the only boy out of 4 kids. I've always thought about the what ifs and the crazy stuff we would have done, having a brother. I feel your loss, I have had my share from 2016-2018, my older sister,  stepmother, mother, brother in law, wife and another brother in law, in that order. Miss them all terribly. All a person can do is forge forward and live for them. 🙏

16233243038985052695818508263133.jpg

2 hours ago, William said:

Memories indeed...you just took me back to my teens when my buddy Tony Smith and I were at my house tinkering with our first homemade tattoo gun. It consisted of a guitar string, a lantern battery, ink pen barrel, a few other tiny miscellaneous parts, and a bottle of indigo ink. Our contraption actually worked and the results for me this (it's expanded under my skin some with age) not bad for do it yourselfers 🤪....never had a brother, I'm the only boy out of 4 kids. I've always thought about the what ifs and the crazy stuff we would have done, having a brother. I feel your loss, I have had my share from 2016-2018, my older sister,  stepmother, mother, brother in law, wife and another brother in law, in that order. Miss them all terribly. All a person can do is forge forward and live for them. 🙏

16233243038985052695818508263133.jpg

You're not gonna believe this, my Brothers name was Tony !!  Coincidence ?? I have a tat in the same place on my right hand that I got when I was in the Navy while homeported in Alameda California.

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

You're not gonna believe this, my Brothers name was Tony !!  Coincidence ?? I have a tat in the same place on my right hand that I got when I was in the Navy while homeported in Alameda California.

Wow, some coincidence indeed! Tony and his brother Michael were my best friends growing up. We lost his brother Michael too a mobile home fire in the early 90's....I was supposed to hang out with him partying that night then at the last minute chose to go on a hot date instead. Fate? I'm thankful but at the same time full of regret, could I have made a difference that night? I'll never know 😣

5 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

Aww.. You guys made me cry… memories of this guy, my beloved older brother. I was just a little girl, but he was my world! Gone much to soon.90B5D56B-7AB6-4FA2-B108-032BB0A6BD0B.thumb.jpeg.71e0074eb28d352b7acec5403c12ddc8.jpeg

What a moment in time this picture is...thanks for sharing and I know he's always with ya! ❤

52 minutes ago, Peltier Mibber said:

Chad, was that the Enterprise you were on?

Yes, Did I tell ya already ?? I was a Machinist Mate, I worked in a nuclear engine room. I got on the Enterprise (CVN - 65) in Alameda right after their refueling in Bremerton WA. around 1979 - 80. How did you Know mibber ?? I must be giving out my secrets & not remembering !! Maybe I absorbed a bit more radiation than they told me ?? Causing severe memory loss !

Maybe this is what happened to me ?? I should have checked my Dosimeter more often.

image.png.6a8dac627361337caf3c0e3eb4d7062d.png

WoW !! I had no idea it was decommissioned, I must be getting old !!

image.png.8c277145daa203268b4a830fac3a6f23.png

Just a guess, lol.

Thank you for your service!!!!!!!

Good ol Bremerton. I worked there in 1990-1991. I lived in Port Orchard back then. While the Desert Shield was just starting, if I recall.

In Alameda the Enterprise was just a lucky guess, it being the biggest ship. There was a Destroyer there too during in the early 2000's but the Enterprise was my guess anyway, lol.

There was a lot of cleaning needed on those ships from sand after coming back from the Gulf as you know. Now I'm saying too much, lol.

I just brushed elbows here and there, I'll say that much.

• Like 1

Indeed, honored too know another serviceman in you, Chad! I'm good friends with many around the southeast Minnesota area through American Legion Post #299 here in Mabel. A widower myself, my wife Peggy, who passed in 2018, was a member, as was her father Clarence Remick, who served overseas in the army. I have some of Clarence's memorabilia, papers, pamphlets, etc; around here somewhere. I'll share some pics when I have time to dig them out. Myself, I never served in the armed forces but totally honor and respect yourself and others that have 🇺🇸 ....one of the good memories I have of being exposed to the military life was when I was in my early twenties. I was picking up odd jobs occasionally for extra cash and hooked up with a painting crew that did about a months work on the USS Capella, which was ported in Jacksonville Florida at the time. I believe it was a transport vessel for tanks, vehicles, etc.? Awesome time that was. My toughest day was when I was painting portholes in the officer's mess hall WHILE they were preparing the meal! We hadn't had lunch yet and I was starved! I'll never forget the smell of the food that day! 

Can't say I remember any specific food except when we got steak William. Everything else I covered with the hot sauce that was readily available on every table every meal "El Tapatio" if I remember right ?? I worked my mandatory 90 days in the mess (chow) hall, as soon as you come onboard you are required a 90 day stint. 4 meals a day, the one extra was called "midrats" (midnight rations) for guys working the midnight shift. So 5200 people times 3 meals a day = 15,600 plates a day ( + midrats). My first job was guess where ?? in the scullery (dishwashing area) of which I handled every plate individually, so when I hear the dishwasher at the restaurant complaining about being busy they really don't even come close or have any idea !! First thig after I was onboard we went on what is called a "Westpac" I can't really remember if it was 6 or 9 months, a tour of the western hemisphere Hawaii, the Philippine's, Africa, Australia, Japan, Singapore, etc... with 90 days of sea trials in the Indian Ocean.  Wish I would have stayed in for my 20 & got retirement but I was young and had thoughts of other things.

On 6/13/2021 at 12:37 PM, Chad G. said:

Can't say I remember any specific food except when we got steak William. Everything else I covered with the hot sauce that was readily available on every table every meal "El Tapatio" if I remember right ?? I worked my mandatory 90 days in the mess (chow) hall, as soon as you come onboard you are required a 90 day stint. 4 meals a day, the one extra was called "midrats" (midnight rations) for guys working the midnight shift. So 5200 people times 3 meals a day = 15,600 plates a day ( + midrats). My first job was guess where ?? in the scullery (dishwashing area) of which I handled every plate individually, so when I hear the dishwasher at the restaurant complaining about being busy they really don't even come close or have any idea !! First thig after I was onboard we went on what is called a "Westpac" I can't really remember if it was 6 or 9 months, a tour of the western hemisphere Hawaii, the Philippine's, Africa, Australia, Japan, Singapore, etc... with 90 days of sea trials in the Indian Ocean.  Wish I would have stayed in for my 20 & got retirement but I was young and had thoughts of other things.

Yep, by hand vs. a Hobart....restaurant dishwashers have had it made for some time