Heatons?

SherryFain

22 minutes ago, SherryFain said:

Thank you! Do you think it could be an Alley? 

I don't see Alley. Too me they resemble Alox or maybe Davis. Alox operated through the late 30's-late 40's while Davis operated 47'-48'. I could be totally wrong, we'll see what other more experienced collectors have to say 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

I don't see Alley. Too me they resemble Alox or maybe Davis. Alox operated through the late 30's-late 40's while Davis operated 47'-48'. I could be totally wrong, we'll see what other more experienced collectors have to say 😊

I might add that Davis marbles are a tough find...I think I have one, maybe 2 that were ID'd as Davis but still with a bit of doubt. Swirls are sometimes difficult to nail down even for the experienced collectors. We'll see, Sherry! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

I might add that Davis marbles are a tough find...I think I have one, maybe 2 that were ID'd as Davis but still with a bit of doubt. Swirls are sometimes difficult to nail down even for the experienced collectors. We'll see, Sherry! 

I’m so excited ❤️❤️❤️

Not Heaton. My first choice would be Ravenswood for both.  But these transparent base and one color swirls can be very difficult and many cannot be separated by companies. The only sure way is to have 100% known examples in hand to compare side by side. This a a big reason that these have very little value with collectors.  

Separating these comes down to exact colors and the swirl pattern. With pictures if the color is not exact as the marble looks in hand then the id may be wrong ?  Plus patterns can be a give away. Some have the swirl pattern only on half or one side of the marble. Some have a C or S shape swirl. With some the swirl will dive more inside and some stay more on the surface.  I probably cannot teach you separate transparent and one color swirls accurately in a year. It takes lots of time effort and known examples. This can also apply to many opaque base and one color WV swirls. But as many that are difficult to separate, there are as many that can be learned to separate with less difficulty.  

• Like 2
  • Award 1