Flea Market Find

Marbleneophyte

Well this one is different.

I would like to see a few shots in the sunlight just to get an idea of the colors, try a darker backgound. I operate from a PC and was unable to correct the image for colors. I think that some are hiding. The third image has a different seam or "new to me" at least.

Well worth another look or several.

Marble--On!!!

Ok lets give this one another shot.

Describe the colors, is white the base in your opinion? Is there any transparency in the colors/color--I thought that I saw some blue in your original post.

This is a fun one for sure--really crazy cutlines/seams/folds--but fun.

Marble--On!!!

The base is an opaque white.  I think the lighting in original photos may have caused some of the colors to look blue.  In the sunlight though all look dark brown with a hint of maroon.  The ribbons appear opaque but it's certainly possible they are a dark transparent glass.  I tried backlighting the marble and no light passes through.  Like Steph I suspect that it's foreign but all of the seams and cut lines have peaked my curiosity. 

Many thanks to you both!

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

what about those double knot marble things ? forgot what they are called 2 marbles that merge together?

Double Ingot !! But this one isn't one,  ??  I don't recognize it, probably foreign, maybe Vacor like Steph said ??

Oop !! looks like Art & me posted at exactly the same time w/ the same answer  !! 

• Award 1