What camera and setup do you use?

schmoozer

I am camera challenged. I mostly use my iPhone 10 for taking pictures. It has it limitations, and true color is a constant issue.

would love to see what others are using. I have seen the gallon milk jug setups, but we are not milk drinkers. My box wine is not condusive to taking good pics🤣🤣👍

I'm continuously time challenged when it comes to taking a few moments to snap pictures, but when I can, all I have is my Android J3 Orbit phone with its limitations. And I set up in my lighted display case on the 2nd shelf. Guess they come out good enough? 😊

I use a cheap out of production Sony DSC T200 small pocket size, with super macro and Carl Zeiss lens. Used these for at least 15-20 years. No special lighting or light box. I have had probably ten of them. Dropped one in the Ohio river four feet deep. Let it dry worked out the mud and sand. That was about eight years ago and it is still in use. They can be found on ebay for $20.00-$50.00, some with the box and all the extras. I have had them so close to the furnace and machine at Jabo that they stopped working. Let them cool and they worked fine again. Get the setup correct, point and shoot. I have had two other $500.00 camera that did not do near as well for marbles. The key is close up in focus pictures. Ture color can be lighting or white balance. Many light bulbs give off a yellow light. White light or daylight, bulbs work ok.  

Thanks Ron,

My new camera is kicking my---Just too much for this old mind to wrap around. I purchased one like you have with a oem bag, memory sticks, a battery and a charger for $30. About $450 less than my new camera.

Live and learn--that was a lot of marble money.🙉

Marble--On!!