Pete the Cat, Finders Keepers

Steph

Last night my husband hooked us up to Roku.  Now I can stream on the TV!  (*shudder*  I'm actually afraid of the thing, but I'll ease into it.   So anyway!)   

He showed me this cartoon episode on the Amazon Prime channel that he had told me about earlier but I hadn't looked up yet even though it was about marbles.  (Because I also don't like streaming on the computer.)   

But here's the title in case you want to look it up. :)  

"Pete the Cat" Finders Keepers & The Honkening (TV Episode 2020) - IMDb

After he went to bed and I tried to find my way around the Roku and messed it completely up, I switched back over to plain TV.  Just in time to see Cousin Itt swallow Gomez Addams' prized marbles.   So that was fun.  ^_^

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Steph said:

Last night my husband hooked us up to Roku.  Now I can stream on the TV!  (*shudder*  I'm actually afraid of the thing, but I'll ease into it.   So anyway!)   

He showed me this cartoon episode on the Amazon Prime channel that he had told me about earlier but I hadn't looked up yet even though it was about marbles.  (Because I also don't like streaming on the computer.)   

But here's the title in case you want to look it up. :)  

"Pete the Cat" Finders Keepers & The Honkening (TV Episode 2020) - IMDb

After he went to bed and I tried to find my way around the Roku and messed it completely up, I switched back over to plain TV.  Just in time to see Cousin Itt swallow Gomez Addams' prized marbles.   So that was fun.  ^_^

Fantastic, I couldn't take my eyes off "it" I sure wish TV was still like that. Ah well we can watch this all the time now !! Thanx Steph, made my day !!  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, William said:

We've had Roku for a few years now, love it! Plus I also added a high tech antenna for local TV....had mediacom for years, never again. 

We have a marvelous LOW tech antenna for local TV.   A tall one attached to the house by the man who lived here since the house was built in 1951, until 5 years ago when he entered a rest home.     I have been quite happy with the local networks plus the several bonus channels each one provides with presumably inexpensive syndicated series.

There are also a couple of different companies' little satellite dishes attached to the roof but we don't bother with those.  

I am sure I will learn to love Roku also.  It has long been recommended by a friend who is into old movies.   It just takes me some time to ease into these things.  I only got my first cellphone a few months ago.   I mostly use that as a camera to take cat pictures.  I made a couple of vet-related phone calls on it also.   And now I carry it around "for emergencies".   No apps for me!

1 hour ago, Steph said:

We have a marvelous LOW tech antenna for local TV.   A tall one attached to the house by the man who lived here since the house was built in 1951, until 5 years ago when he entered a rest home.     I have been quite happy with the local networks plus the several bonus channels each one provides with presumably inexpensive syndicated series.

There are also a couple of different companies' little satellite dishes attached to the roof but we don't bother with those.  

I am sure I will learn to love Roku also.  It has long been recommended by a friend who is into old movies.   It just takes me some time to ease into these things.  I only got my first cellphone a few months ago.   I mostly use that as a camera to take cat pictures.  I made a couple of vet-related phone calls on it also.   And now I carry it around "for emergencies".   No apps for me!

Subscriptions are relatively cheap also, for the likes of Netflix, Hulu, Starz, and others. Also, good free ones are Tubi, Crackle, Pluto, just too name a few. Hulu has a 1 month trial for free they are offering right now, afterwards only $6.99 per month. Each "pay" app usually has 3 different packages too pick from with obviously better options for the more expensive ones. I don't mind the commercials so I always go the cheap ones. Also have Netflix for close to the same monthly cost as Hulu. Between those two apps and the free ones (Roku channel itself is free also), I'm content 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Reminds me of me....I didn't own a cellphone until 2017. A cheap Ztec. Purchased my Samsung in 2018 and still have the phone as sure as I'm texting this response to you 😊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

I have had a Roku for a long time, upgraded to a newer one several times. No complaints. Plenty of free stuff and plenty of new as well. Got a Roku TV a few years back for the living room. Same success.

Roku On!!

Art, you have obviously had Roku for a long time, wondering if you would know where in the settings I can find the option to "shut off" the robotic narration. It just started doing this a few weeks ago, not sure why, and "she" gets annoying with the continuous talking. Thanks!