Cat-eyes, have you ever seen this?

akroorka

Ok folks, I realize that cats eyes have not received as much attention as they may deserve, let alone Master Glass cats eyes. (I love an underdog)
This is a Master Glass cats-eye---- it is better than average imho (less the damage).
I opened a bag that I purchased from the most respected Cats-eye collector out there.
This one stuck out. 
The damage appears to be corrected/polished. These bags are hard to fake—and who would want to?
I hope that you all get the idea from my images. 
The damage is what I would consider to be moons that busted lose. They are all smooth on the edges of the damage, as if “polished”, no sharp edges at all. 
I have seen plenty of “polished” machine made marbles (I really hate them).
I believe that this might be a factory thing.
Really???? Did they do this?
Marble—On!!!
 Thanks for any opinions.

Master cat 1.jpg

Master cat 2.jpg

Here are images of the marbles that came in the bag along with the one in question. Just what I would expect in a bag of Master Glass cats.
The second image shows the bag. Notice the top of the image. It shows where a fold let loose during shipment. This fold would continue to open if I very slightly forced it. 
I have no doubts about the integrity of this seller he/she would have happily replaced it and expressed untold remorse for the bag tear that happened en route.
I have no question about the bag or the seller.
The Marble is just very odd considering its lack of value---to most at least—lol (I love these MG-cats, even the bad ones).
What a great place to post this is, I am getting opinions on Master Glass Cat-eyes, the forgotten step-child of all USA made marbles.
Thanks all and of course---
Marble—On!!

Master cat 3.JPG

Master cat 4.JPG

Master cats can be really great marbles. I am partial to the single "potato chip" vane variety, and I've been trying to assemble a good set of them for years. They're tough to find, at least in my experience. And yes, those are the style bag I was talking about.

• Award 1

Great eye Ric,
The blue and white like the OP are the ones that I like the most. 
The base is very clear and really nice to look at/through. They can be very feathery and well filled. Almost “Sparkler” like with only two colors.
I do like the ones that you really have to look at to see if they are a cat or a cleary with a bad streak. It is hard to tell sometimes.
Marble--On!!

We will have to agree to disagree on this one Ric.

They very early machine makers did, no doubt, compete with intent against handmades.

I believe that it was a poor Master Glass answer to the Japanese invasion of cat eyes that were flooding the market at that time.
Onionskins were a thing of the past imho.
Vitro and MK were successful, Master Glass was not.
Marble—On!!