Regarding the so called flint marbles

I saw two clips on Youtube about the Monroe County Marble Club in Kentucky. They play "Rolley hole" with what they call flint marbles. I was hoping that some of you guys could educate me when it comes to this. I am only familiar with the south Scandinavian flint stone, which is dark grey, black or dark brown. In these clips, the flint marbles are white and light coloured so I am questioning if my understanding of flint is the same as their. Here is Clip 1 and Clip 2. Enjoy and kindly share your thoughts and information with me on this matter.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chris Parson said:

I saw two clips on Youtube about the Monroe County Marble Club in Kentucky. They play "Rolley hole" with what they call flint marbles. I was hoping that some of you guys could educate me when it comes to this. I am only familiar with the south Scandinavian flint stone, which is dark grey, black or dark brown. In these clips, the flint marbles are white and light coloured so I am questioning if my understanding of flint is the same as their. Here is Clip 1 and Clip 2. Enjoy and kindly share your thoughts and information with me on this matter.

Thanks for sharing those!

Flint can be many colors, it's mainly formed in limestone but varies in color and hardness and characteristics by region. It can be brown, red, tan, white, grey, yellow, orange, marbled variety of colors etc... Flint is basically hard chert, a form or quartz, from a scientific point of view.