Akro getting marbles from CAC.

Tommy

IPvi8Wm.jpgok was looking at the akro timeline thread. This is a box by akro filled with CAC. Does anyone know what the yellow ones are 🤔. Electric yellow slag? Looks solid same with the dark green ones almost like game marbles. I'm sure someone out there has a box like this :icon_popcorn:

Lol idk how many of these there are out there..😲

• Award 1

MFC.  Not CAC.  

Akro started out as a business which purchased MFC in bulk and packaged them attractively for sale.  A nice above-board marble-selling business which lasted for about three years. 

Then Horace Hill stole MFC's machine designs and glass formulas and took them to Akro which then set itself up in competition with MFC. 

In other words, Akro had a very unsavory start in the marble-making part of the business.  

I think that yellow is just a solid-colored marble, not slag, not electric.  Yeah, most would call it a game marble now, but remember this would predate Chinese Checkers.  These would have been considered nice marbles at the time.   The greens would have been called "Oriental Jade".  I don't know what colorful name the yellow ones would have had.  

• Like 1
  • Award 1

53 minutes ago, Steph said:

MFC.  Not CAC.  

Akro started out as a business which purchased MFC in bulk and packaged them attractively for sale.  A nice above-board marble-selling business which lasted for about three years. 

Then Horace Hill stole MFC's machine designs and glass formulas and took them to Akro which then set itself up in competition with MFC. 

In other words, Akro had a very unsavory start in the marble-making part of the business.  

I think that yellow is just a solid-colored marble, not slag, not electric.  Yeah, most would call it a game marble now, but remember this would predate Chinese Checkers.  These would have been considered nice marbles at the time.   The greens would have been called "Oriental Jade".  I don't know what colorful name the yellow ones would have had.  

I knew I had something wrong.  I tried to link the thread but just got the picture :character-smileys-238:

Perfect That's the info I was looking for thank you Steph you are awesome 👌

So much info you have in these pages I get lost sometimes :Panic:

Those must be beautiful solid marbles 🤤

• Like 2