MFC x4?

Jeremysvt

The very clean 9 on #2 and #4 makes me lean toward MFC on those.

#1 and #3 look different.    The extra color in #1.  The different texture and slight wobbliness of the 9 in #3.  

What do the cutline ends look like on all 4?  That could be enlightening.  

If I sometimes sound less than definitive when I agree to call something MFC even on 9's as sweet and simple and clean as #2 and #4, it's because I am aware that MFC, CAC, Akro and Pelt all made handgathered slags.  And then there are foreign versions.  When I see a bit of wobbliness in the 9 I lean toward Akro.  But I don't have a clue whether Pelt's handgathered pre-feathering version stood out in any way.  

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

#1 and #3 look different.    The extra color in #1.  The different texture and slight wobbliness of the 9 in #3.  

If I sometimes sound less than definitive when I agree to call something MFC even on 9's as sweet and simple and clean as #2 and #4, it's because I am aware that MFC, CAC, Akro and Pelt all made handgathered slags.  And then there are foreign versions.  When I see a bit of wobbliness in the 9 I lean toward Akro.  But I don't have a clue whether Pelt's handgathered pre-feathering version stood out in any way.  

and these four make me think Akro maybe one MFC... I will post more of the first 4

PhotoRoom_001_20220417_142357.png

PhotoRoom_000_20220417_142357.png

41 minutes ago, Steph said:

Pelt pre feathers slag.....😲🤔 any Pics?

I know slags are tricky...lol.

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Pelt pre feathers slag.....😲🤔 any Pics?

I know slags are tricky...lol.

My memory is cloudy.  I can't remember if I should have pix or not.  This is a question I would fire off to Mike Barton if he were still with us.  

Obviously the very early Pelt production has been supplanted in our memory by the very distinctive feathered slags.  

I'll do a bit of browsing to see if I can come up with examples.  I started a thread a couple of years ago about handgathered Pelts.  We got a total of two examples in it -- no slags.  But I just bumped it.  Maybe be can pull some slags out of people's personal archives. 

• Award 1

1 minute ago, Steph said:

My memory is cloudy.  I can't remember if I should have pix or not.  This is a question I would fire off to Mike Barton if he were still with us.  

Obviously the very early Pelt production has been supplanted in our memory by the very distinctive feathered slags.  

I'll do a bit of browsing to see if I can come up with examples.  I started a thread a couple of years ago about handgathered Pelts.  We got a total of two examples in it -- no slags.  But I just bumped it.  Maybe be can pull some slags out of people's personal archives. 

i believe this one is a pelt and i sem to stumbled upon a trove of them...

PhotoRoom_000_20220417_144646.png

PhotoRoom_001_20220417_144646.png

PhotoRoom_002_20220417_144646.png

PhotoRoom_003_20220417_144646.png

PhotoRoom_004_20220417_144646.png

25 minutes ago, Steph said:

You rock Steph :music-rocker-001:

• 3 months later...

I have 69 marbles that Mike Barton @migbar sent me in 2004, but asked that I did not tell anybody, he didn't want others hounding him. RIP my good friend Mike.

They are mostly rejected, cracked, out of round or; that range from Hand-Gathered slags, a few gobs that kicked out the rollers, some oblong and a couple of speres to Champ Jr's. A few are the earliest opaque swirls, others transparent striped and the smallest of some presumably, Miller's peewee verities. Pretty much from earliest made until decline rejects.  I am not prepared to take photos currently and other than a few, nothing to get excited about. However, in case these were posted once before but lost currently; here's a few scans he Emailed me in 2004, (He did not request to keep these scans confidential though) of his personal collection in the order he'd sent the scans:  "Swirly Peltier's"  is what he called them And "Evin's marbles"(His son)..

'Swirly Peltier's" I think but can't recall, the 1st and 2nd have an orange slag but think it's the same one.

2014888944_MikeBartonSwirlyscan.thumb.jpg.182b9b974240e442a6637baf4c6b275c.jpg

1741926636_peltbox1.thumb.jpg.d18057703acf8a2ad558d67f8593959a.jpg

"Evin's marbles"

342122282_EvinMikessondup-upmarbles.thumb.jpg.01789acb54ac30845085104c21b0cfb3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

I have 69 marbles that Mike Barton @migbar sent me in 2004, but asked that I did not tell anybody, he didn't want others hounding him. RIP my good friend Mike.

They are mostly rejected, cracked, out of round or; that range from Hand-Gathered slags, a few gobs that kicked out the rollers, some oblong and a couple of speres to Champ Jr's. A few are the earliest opaque swirls, others transparent striped and the smallest of some presumably, Miller's peewee verities. Pretty much from earliest made until decline rejects.  I am not prepared to take photos currently and other than a few, nothing to get excited about. However, in case these were posted once before but lost currently; here's a few scans he Emailed me in 2004, (He did not request to keep these scans confidential though) of his personal collection in the order he'd sent the scans:  "Swirly Peltier's"  is what he called them And "Evin's marbles"(His son)..

'Swirly Peltier's" I think but can't recall, the 1st and 2nd have an orange slag but think it's the same one.

2014888944_MikeBartonSwirlyscan.thumb.jpg.182b9b974240e442a6637baf4c6b275c.jpg

1741926636_peltbox1.thumb.jpg.d18057703acf8a2ad558d67f8593959a.jpg

"Evin's marbles"

342122282_EvinMikessondup-upmarbles.thumb.jpg.01789acb54ac30845085104c21b0cfb3.jpg

some real beauties there!