Vacor Galaxy?

Leigh

39 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I checked the Vacor website. A Galaxy should be a black opaque base glass.

I do not know what you have here but it could be Asian.

Marble--On!!

Hmmmm.... it glows under a clear flashlight, but not under black light.  I'm wondering what the string thing is that is inside of it. I guess I'll set it aside until I figure out what it is. 

Vacor Galaxies sometimes have things inside.  

I don't know if the Galaxy is the right style name here. I expect something more paint looking with the color on a Galaxy.  But yes, have seen such things as cat's eyes inside Galaxies.

I disagree about taking the opaque description literally.  Something can be opaque for practical purposes, but maybe not precisely opaque when a strong backlight comes into play.  

I won't keep arguing about it.  Maybe I wasn't looking looking inside a real honest-to-gosh Galaxy when I discovered mysteries within.  But I sure thought I was looking at one. 

*backs quietly out of the door*

• Haha 1

It does look a little different than a typical Galaxy, I think, but I am with Steph when it comes to whether the base appears opaque or is actually opaque. Producers can use a lot less pigment to achieve an opaque looking base rather than a truly opaque base, and given that they're usually shooting for the least expensive way to achieve a particular look it makes sense to me that they would do so when they could.

3 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

Steph-would love to see the cat hiding inside something like that.  That really would be quite the surprise and a very fun discovery

I will backlight whatever Galaxies I come across!   Maybe I'll find something or maybe I'll convince myself I must have been mistaken.

I remember conversations from Land of Marbles about the stuff inside.  Even if we could find the conversations, those pictures would be gone.  But it would still be cool to have a way to search on the Wayback Machine for those lost threads.