Cactus flowers...

Tommy

OK,
 Da Roberto you seem to know your stuff regarding marbles and succulents and thanks for that. 
My wife has asked if you can tell her why the plant shown is getting mushy at the base. I am showing a new flower from today and the base of the cacti.
Succulent—On!!

P9210020 (2).JPG

P9210022 (2).JPG

Here are two that we need an ID on Da Roberto. 
The first one is placed to keep the deer away from some others and it has never flowered, it is about 16” tall and wide. The second one has not flowered either and it is tiny, 2-3 inches tall and wide.
The third we know well, I just like the color of the flowers, coral rocks. I show the blossom and the plant.
The last is not related, just a Passion flower bloom for you to enjoy today.
Thanks, a Passion for flowers is a good thing!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Oh !! Quei fiori "Killer" (soprattutto questi) sembrano irreali 

image.png.b4ccb795ceb1236c1f3b9d8de5a431bb.png

Hi Chad,
I knew you would like these.

Its name is "Anne Frank" (new cultivation) and it is a recent hybrid of the species "echinopsis"

Yes, it is very beautiful and unusual, it has three colors yellow, orange and purple

I won it at an auction some time ago

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Da Roberto said:

Hi Chad,
I knew you would like these.

Its name is "Anne Frank" (new cultivation) and it is a recent hybrid of the species "echinopsis"

Yes, it is very beautiful and unusual, it has three colors yellow, orange and purple

I won it at an auction some time ago

Excellent, is it from a graft ??

15 hours ago, akroorka said:

OK,
 Da Roberto, sembra che tu conosca le tue cose riguardo a marmi e piante grasse e grazie per questo. 
Mia moglie ha chiesto se puoi dirle perché la pianta mostrata sta diventando molliccia alla base. Sto mostrando un nuovo fiore di oggi e la base del cactus.
Succulento—Accendi!!

P9210020 (2).JPG

P9210022 (2).JPG

Hello
your wife's plant is "echinopsis subdenudata" (without thorns) or "pseudo echinopsis" ("false", in reality, in some they can appear very small and white like my twisted depicted above)

The whole genus of echinopsis produce very beautiful flowers, even 20 cm long (7.87) and usually bloom at night hence the name of "beautiful at night"

Usually, when they are soggy especially at the base is a sign of rot due most often to too much stagnant moisture, lethal to succulents and the plant is doomed.

If so, the only remedy is to cut with a very sharp blade all the rotten part, let it dry for a few days (even a month if necessary) and then repot it in a bowl with three parts of common field land (very lean then) and only a part of universal land for generic plants, hoping that over time it will produce new roots.

The achinopsis produce them easily, a little less the "subdenudata" but still possible

Be careful though, your wife's plant does not seem to have rot from what I see in the picture, (moreover it would not have produced any flower if it had rot) it seems rather in a resting stasis and therefore the roots no longer absorb water for a certain period

You should moderate the watering at this time and keep an eye on it for a period of time and if you insist this condition it is likely that not the plant but the roots have rotted, (it has already happened with one of mine of this spacie, since it has more delicate roots than other echinopsis) so it would be appropriate to remove the plant from the pot and check that these are still there or not.

Mine no longer having any root, I grafted it for safety (I had already prepared a "tricho" ready for this operation) so I went on the safe side (or almost) and now vegetate quietly, moreover it produced some suckers that I detached and put to root and they also issued small trumpet flowers, very cute and fragrant 

More than this I do not know what to say to help you, however, it would still seem in good shape and the only thing to do is to keep it under control and evidently if this "stasis" were to insist for too long it is appropriate to do what has been said above. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, akroorka said:

Eccone due di cui ci serve un documento d'identità su Da Roberto. 
Il primo è posizionato per tenere il cervo lontano da alcuni altri e non ha mai fiorito, è alto e largo circa 16 pollici. Anche il secondo non è fiorito ed è piccolo, alto 2-3 pollici e largo.
Il terzo lo conosciamo bene, mi piace proprio il colore dei fiori, le rocce coralline. Mostro il fiore e la pianta.
L'ultimo non è correlato, solo un fiore della passione per il tuo divertimento oggi.
Grazie, una passione per i fiori è una buona cosa!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Your first is a cereus peruvianus "monstruosus" (monster) 

You will probably never see  to flourisht , like almost all monster and twisted plants, since not having the natural apex therefore necessary to be able to bloom, this is very difficult or almost impossible, but there may be exceptions

The second is a crested "euphorbia flanaganii" (scientific name), there are some varieties, same speech for flowering

Yes, the third is a beautiful "Echeveria Shaviana" grassulaceous family, coveted and cultivated by many collectors of succulents for its blue shades of the leaves and the pinkish orange color of the flowers, even here there are perecchie varieties, "laui" for example, one of the most beautiful!

The last yes, "passion flower" and is a very beautiful flower "Passiflora Piramide" "Passiflora Caerulea" (scientific name)....A climbing shrubby plant   👍

2 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Ottimo, è da innesto??

When I won it at the auction it was not grafted, I grafted it later because it was very small, like a 5/8 + -  marble 😀  so I grafted it for fear of losing it and to accelerate growth, in fact after two years it started to produce flowers.

Over time it has produced suckers which I then put to root

3 hours ago, Da Roberto said:

Your first is a cereus peruvianus "monstruosus" (monster) 

A fitting name for sure. The deer leave this one alone along with the squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits.

Thank you for all of the information Da Roberto. I have passed it on to the succulent boss and she sends her most gracious thank you as well.

We have some frost advisories tonight, now the fun begins and I will find out why the animals leave them be.

Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am again with my thorns guys!

Cactus "artistic".....eeh yes, so I called it.....

About three (or four?) years ago, I grafted a "sulcorebutia heliosoides" on T. pachanoi as proof.

Now, during a very strong storm, this plant fell and broke almost completely and my intention was to detach it and put it to root .... but no!   I decided to leave it like that.

As I thought, it is cicratized and continued to feed the grafted plant, although, not with much vigor.

It also produced a flower (semi-open) just in this autumn period

Of course, it's not really the ultimate in beauty LOL but I consider it a work of art...

....here's to you

20221006_115935.jpg

20221006_115941.jpg

20221007_112120.jpg

20221007_112359.jpg

• Award 2