Maglight marbles

Dano320

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and looking for some opinions on what I have. I believe they are maglight clambroth. But I've had a couple places tell me it's not what I believe and I wanted to come to the pros of this game as far as I'm concerned. I have numerous of these plus lots of other marbles I need answers on. Thanks for your time.

IMG_20220629_204633696.jpg

IMG_20220629_204539032.jpg

IMG_20220629_203826739.jpg

IMG_20220629_203846081.jpg

8 hours ago, Steph said:

Welcome to Marble Connection.

The first two are modern Asian machine-made marbles.

The last is also modern.  Mexican or Asian.  

Quick question Steph. They have ponsil marks on both sides where the bands connect. Does machine made marbles have ponsil marks the same as glass so?

26 minutes ago, Dano320 said:

Quick question Steph. They have ponsil marks on both sides where the bands connect. Does machine made marbles have ponsil marks the same as glass so?

Those are machine-made cutlines, not pontils.  The marble-making machinery has shears.  The shears cut off the globs of molten glass which become the marbles. That gives a cutline on the top and the bottom of the marble.  

Or if the glass is more of a stream than a glob like your last marble, it will result in a swirl.  There will still be two cuts on a swirl.  But sometimes the cut marks will get wrapped up inside the marble so you can't always see it.   But with your first two marbles, we have a nice, clear top and bottom.  

4 hours ago, Dano320 said:

As noted - those aren't pontils.  Pontils don't look like that.

Hello Daniel,   

All machine-made marbles have 2  cut marks(shear marks, sometimes visible sometimes not) where the hot  glob of glass was cut (sheared) @ each end coming out of the tank before hitting the rollers to be better shaped into a sphere.  Handmades have pontils. Time in the hobby is your best friend, if I was to explain torchmades, contemporary, antique, cane cut, sulphides (single gather) transitional, etc... I would still be hitting keys hours from now. Patience please  :) the slower you learn things hopefully the more engrained & easy to understand it will become, almost 3 decades and I learn something new almost every day.   "All" the marbles you have presented are machine-made and have no pontils.