Oxblood?

Leigh

I believe this is a German St. Joseph's Coat - at least that is what I was told on a FB page, but I am wondering if some of the larger red stripe would be considered oxblood. There was one person who thought it could be an onionskin. Any opinions are appreciated!

0S7A4875.JPG

0S7A4876.JPG

0S7A4879.JPG

0S7A4878.JPG

0S7A4880.JPG

0S7A4881.JPG

0S7A4883.JPG

Correct not an onionskin but a Josephs Coat. Onionskins have a colored wrapper over the transparent base of yellow or white w/ any myriad of colors stretched over the skin giving no window into the interior. Joseph coats have lines of color directly over the transparent base with separation between the lines usually giving a view into the interior, though sometimes the windows on a coat are so small into the interior that backlighting is almost a necessity. No oxblood IMO

Onion Skin

image.png.afe9514a395f3eec8bbbb7cec44ce95b.png

Joseph coats

image.png.74f804b086aec491e492279e4a9b4dbd.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

I believe this is a German St. Joseph's Coat - at least that is what I was told on a FB page, but I am wondering if some of the larger red stripe would be considered oxblood. 

0S7A4875.JPG

You are asking the question in a perceptive manner.  At least part of the red seems translucent, so that would not be oxblood.  But I couldn't swear that none of the red is oxblood.    Hard to say.  I'm leaving the door open.  

• Like 1