NOW, THEN & LATER

Chad G.

1 hour ago, William said:

Just watched some news and the next couple days has us in the 40's for daytime highs and 20's at night. Then Wednesday through Friday pushing towards and into 70's for daytime highs! Crazy fall indeed!

Todays forecast high was 87, the smoke kept it to a cool 69, very refreshing even w/ the smoke.  Supposedly (hopefully) "rain" and cool temps in a week,  but they've been saying that for a month ?? Sounds like maybe you're gonna be gettin some of that high pressure system that's gettin pushed outa here ??  image.png.ff9590cd2743915d12b73cec1eb5d7a4.png

15 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Todays forecast high was 87, the smoke kept it to a cool 69, very refreshing even w/ the smoke.  Supposedly (hopefully) "rain" and cool temps in a week,  but they've been saying that for a month ?? Sounds like maybe you're gonna be gettin some of that high pressure system that's gettin pushed outa here ??  image.png.ff9590cd2743915d12b73cec1eb5d7a4.png

Looking like an unseasonably warm weekend coming up, talking 70's which is unreal for Minnesota mid-to-late October. Only upper 30's, maybe 40 for a high today. 50's forecasted for midweek....

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the weather for the coming week, this channel is about the most accurate weather. Fri. night to Sunday morn over 3 inches of train followed by a hard freeze Tuesday night. Straight from Fall to Winter in a week, looks like a sad wild mushroom season this year, not going to be doing any Steelhead fishing either till it warms a little. Two weeks ago it was in the mid to upper 80's    :wacko:

image.thumb.png.9731e7d8b7b3603e5d3dc143a15e0e67.png

"Good Morning" More pix after the hard rain and freeze, some trees are changing and some dropping leaves. For the most part still looks like August. Oh, and the first business they're putting in ? Another "Taco bell" I guess the Olive garden and Sonic will be next summer ??

image.thumb.png.d8c626f63761979f019531fe2afc3c6b.png

image.thumb.png.150b7c5eb3203ba7044b13671b51c51a.png

image.thumb.png.b546a83d4cb8ce33615fe3f0491f8f8c.png

image.thumb.png.d049b34a1c777f25d909ee23c0160bb7.png

image.thumb.png.ad90cc36ac6f4b101f9e0a9d5f0ae3ea.png

image.thumb.png.cefe28adabe6aaccad43067211bccefe.png

4 inches of rain today, water was shootin up through a couple storm drains, made it through w/o a power outage.  28 deg. weather on the way for Tuesday - Thursday, the landscape is definitely gonna change bny next weekend.

Winter is really setting in early & quick this year. Gonna go out and get some ealy color change action this week, I'll try and remember the exact same trees so a reference point can be made. As the chlorophyll begins to wane in the leaves the colors will blast off. Cold and dry after today

LINK ::  https://www.si.edu/stories/why-do-leaves-change-color-fall

image.png.e895680ea737ad5726459acf98e3d24d.png

image.thumb.png.9a221d7728c688388629ed4cb602d5e8.png

image.thumb.png.57c26b43c4e9050c2188c586ef80a6a1.png

I still have some radishes and carrots in the garden---lake effect snow the next two days---the blowers are ready!!

Twentys for highs later this week--ohhh boyyy!!

I Love four seasons--especially after a five game losing streak is broken--Go Pack😁.

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

I still have some radishes and carrots in the garden---lake effect snow the next two days---the blowers are ready!!

Twentys for highs later this week--ohhh boyyy!!

I Love four seasons--especially after a five game losing streak is broken--Go Pack😁.

Time to plant garlic from what I understand you can plant it anytime. I never had to plant it. The "clumps" I had growing around my garden had been there for years, I never did harvest all of it  (to much) so it seeded itself. Many of the "cloves" had regressed into singles like an onion and lost allot of their "pep"  in the process. I learned to  like the more mellow flavor they produced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William said:

Just had our first measurable snowfall...

A good thing we don't have any moisture in the air I guess, it'd be snow for sure, which I really don't mind unless it gets ridiculous & unnavigable. I'll try and get out and get some pix tomorrow, note the word "try"

Well it snowed again today and the Buck was there yesterday morning.
This  is a nice Whitetail “Scrape” about 35 yards behind my house. It does stink—oh boy. 
Gun season starts this weekend—I hope that I see him. I stopped hunting but my blood still boils when I see this stuff. Mmmmm Venison roast. 
We have had a three legged doe around for about seven years. Twins every year and triplets last year—she got hit by a car again and died in the neighbors back yard—the end of an era----RIP Three leg!
I took my granddaughter out to look at the scrape last night under a flash light. 7 years old and full of what was going on with it. I was almost embarrassed.
The apples do not fall far from the much older trees—LOL.

PB170001 (2).JPG

PB170004 (2).JPG

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the huge lapse in pix. I've had C-19 plus a bunch of Dr. stuff, now it's froze hard + snowed and there is going to be an appreciable difference in the pix between "then & now" I meant to get all the subtle differences in but @ this point; not gonna happen. I'll try and remember to get a few in tomorrow of the leafless trees !!

• Like 1

Better late than never I guess ??  :)  Old man Winter is here    :pirate:

image.thumb.png.f65d26c02c0092f576820a9f1371155a.png

image.thumb.png.851dc6dcaf4144ff22973be2139ef123.png

image.thumb.png.9031b87d3a6c426ae9fb3bb4ba470b03.png

They're really whippin and dippin next door on the construction. The Taco Bell is done now they're laying down pavement, concrete, digging, and leveling the top layer of dirt all @ the same time, I think this is the Olive Garden spot ??

image.thumb.png.b781d2f459b2a002afe34945237145eb.png

image.thumb.png.4bc9b4a1f6317cce9fca4a5e4125f897.png

On 12/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, Chad G. said:

Better late than never I guess ??  :)  Old man Winter is here    :pirate:

image.thumb.png.f65d26c02c0092f576820a9f1371155a.png

image.thumb.png.851dc6dcaf4144ff22973be2139ef123.png

image.thumb.png.9031b87d3a6c426ae9fb3bb4ba470b03.png

They're really whippin and dippin next door on the construction. The Taco Bell is done now they're laying down pavement, concrete, digging, and leveling the top layer of dirt all @ the same time, I think this is the Olive Garden spot ??

image.thumb.png.b781d2f459b2a002afe34945237145eb.png

image.thumb.png.4bc9b4a1f6317cce9fca4a5e4125f897.png

I'm glad I don't live next to a taco bell...we would run up one heck of a Bill 😐

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, William said:

I'm glad I don't live next to a taco bell...we would run up one heck of a Bill 😐

I know that I would.

I love the twelve pack mixed----plenty of hot sauce---yummmm!

As teens we used to go to Taco bell  for a phart contest later in the day.

Talk about now, then and later---I still win🦨. even with my wife🍉.

• Haha 1

Our first real measurable snowfall, at least IMO...began around 3am and supposed to clear out around lunchtime or so. Might get a glazing of ice on top of it afterwards, but I hope not because this snow is the wet, heavy variety.

Looking like we'll get between 4-6 inches. I'll get too test my breathing and stamina shoveling today! I can already hear it sliding off my steel roof, sounds like rumbling thunder hitting the ground...and that always means that I'll have a pile too shovel off the eastern side of the house on my sidewalk..

10 hours ago, William said:

Our first real measurable snowfall, at least IMO...began around 3am and supposed to clear out around lunchtime or so. Might get a glazing of ice on top of it afterwards, but I hope not because this snow is the wet, heavy variety.

Looking like we'll get between 4-6 inches. I'll get too test my breathing and stamina shoveling today! I can already hear it sliding off my steel roof, sounds like rumbling thunder hitting the ground...and that always means that I'll have a pile too shovel off the eastern side of the house on my sidewalk..

Thanks for the vid Brother  :)

• 2 weeks later...