Is there such a thing as a clear indian ?

chocomibs

Here's a pic of one from Etsy. I don't have access to my marble books right now, but I think you're right. It is a transparent banded coreless.

I found this about "Indians" on Marble Alan's page: 

INDIANS
Indian Swirls typically possess an opaque black base. However, some are translucent (so-called Maglites, since a powerful flashlight is required to make light pass through them), and these will have an amethyst, dark green, red, amber, or blue base. 

transparent-indian.png

Agree, Banded Transparent IMO.  I have heard of some newer collectors calling them "Clear (transparent) Indians" but if you ask me it's just adding to the confusion.

Indians are typically opaque black based, the biggest one shown in this group is actually a dark transparent green color, a "maglite Indian"

image.thumb.png.0b0f882030b460155cd52a36c8d0a5d1.png

An underlit view of the Dark green Maglite Indian w/ (ghost core)

image.png.10041f2409f43f7b7697e37ec86fdf23.png

image.png.05042f8789cfa9687cdfd566cd1935ac.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

Agree, Banded Transparent IMO.  I have heard of some newer collectors calling them "Clear (transparent) Indians" but if you ask me it's just adding to the confusion.

Well color me confusion then. This is just a change in nomenclature?

• 1 year later...

Coreless swirl.

All cane-cut marbles have an initial gather.  Period.  People have come to refer to the absence of color or construction as things like "ghost" - which doesn't make any sense.  When an initial gather is marvered, it will have some texture or pick up some frit dust etc etc.  But that doesn't make it a core deserving of a name, absent some intentional construction that merits it.

• Like 1